Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so on a poker run my girl flopped the mav on the drivers side tore up the plastic and f'd up the door. We righted the mav let it sit for a bit and drove back to load up because she cut her hand up pretty good. any how got it home cleaned it and put it away next day started it and it was pouring blue smoke out the exhaust so I stopped engine checked oil and it was like half quart low added oil no more smoke but no it wont move like belt is slipping really bad.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Sounds like your muffler bearings let loose and spewed belt grease on your knudder valve, which in turn bound up the rocks inside your wiring.

Hope the gf heals up quick, going without a handy a day is gonna be rough.
LOL... The blue smoke was from oil getting on top of the pistons and there for burning and thats what caused the smoke. I'd pull the plastics out of the drivers side and remove the clutch cover and see whats going on inside there, the clutch pulls air in from the drivers side behind the plastic panel that says maverick so its possible you got water down in the clutch. no biggie though just let it dry it out

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Sounds like your muffler bearings let loose and spewed belt grease on your knudder valve, which in turn bound up the rocks inside your wiring.

Hope the gf heals up quick, going without a handy a day is gonna be rough.
Classic!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
so on a poker run my girl flopped the mav on the drivers side tore up the plastic and f'd up the door. We righted the mav let it sit for a bit and drove back to load up because she cut her hand up pretty good. any how got it home cleaned it and put it away next day started it and it was pouring blue smoke out the exhaust so I stopped engine checked oil and it was like half quart low added oil no more smoke but no it wont move like belt is slipping really bad.
Hope your GF heals quick and you put her back in the drivers seat to have fun again. You will have to pull clutch cover for visual inspection but I wouldn't worry about blue smoke. Just top off the oil level and run it until it clears up. Should take no more than a minute or so.
I was wondering what kind of doors you have since you said they were damaged. Might influence what flavor doors some of us buy since some doors take a roll over better than others.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
either in kitchen or bedroom...thats the only place mine is allowed to go......dats right i said it!!!!!.........oh crap here she comes...i gotta get off the compu......ouch!!!!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
either in kitchen or bedroom...thats the only place mine is allowed to go......dats right i said it!!!!!.........oh crap here she comes...i gotta get off the compu......ouch!!!!!
Perfect plan says the man of the house!!

PS: I hope she heals up quick

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah figured I hear the jokes:wink::wink: on the door subject I have the can am pro armor doors and I hate them! They rattle and keep no mud out and I didn't ride in winter yet but don't think they will work well there at all. I took to dealer since its still under warranty we will see

·
Registered
189 Posts
That oil had to have gone somewhere. You probably had oil in your air box, and a little bit of it was being pulled into your intake while running causing it to smoke. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
All jokes aside, my wife likes the hobbie so much that now I get to purchase her a Mav max so that we can all go as a family. Let her drive some more and you will always have a riding partner. My wife is also my winch wench lol

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Yeah figured I hear the jokes:wink::wink: on the door subject I have the can am pro armor doors and I hate them! They rattle and keep no mud out and I didn't ride in winter yet but don't think they will work well there at all. I took to dealer since its still under warranty we will see
I did a test drive with a Mav that had the stock doors and had already crossed those off the list. Can't stand the downward slope but thanks for the info anyhow. And yeah, that kitchen crack was funny. Glad you have a sense of humor.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Need to see pics of girl friend before I can determine the smoke and clutch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts