Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nobody has really ever posted anything on these shocks, no real upgrades other than some settings on the clickers, and this is odd since the 2.0 sized shocks are very popular in the off road scene. You could play around with different rates of coils or convert them to dual rate, or even triple rate since there is so much stuff for them out there, compared to the components for the 2.5 Xrs shocks, coils for the 2.0 are inexpensive and plentiful.
Check Eibach's catalog for some ideas.

http://performance-suspension.eibach.com/sites/devperformance-suspension.eibach.com/files/catalogs/ERS-17_US.pdf

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From everything I read on the forum here I have no doubt Alex, Elka (they rime) etc. will have upgrades or better shocks for the machine.

I'm wondering for guys that are not ready to upgrade yet has anyone tweaked there settings as in cranked the springs all the way up/down clickers turned down/up etc.?
I know there isn't too much to adjust Just wondering if anyone has tried to see what works best in whatever terrain with the 2.0 shock?

I only have a few rides on my maverick and if i run it hard in ruff terrain I'm bottoming out. My rears are cranked 3/4 and fronts a little more then 1/2.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Alex has a recommendation on a baseline setup for the shocks......if I recall correctly it was to close the rebound all the way and open up the hi and low speed compression all the way and slowly adjust the compression settings to suit your riding conditions......after a few rides with this setup the stock shocks will seem a lot netter tun the factory settings.....but still have their limitations.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
These 2.0 shocks don't have a rebound adjustment but their rebound is better than the 2.5 shocks. They are plush for trail riding but have trouble taking big hits.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Sorry....didn't realize this was about the 2.0's......

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I have Axis Titanium on my race quad and I'm sure sooner of later I will be sporting something better then stock 2.0s on my Maverick. The Elka Stage 5 are calling my name.

Again I'm just wondering if anyone has played with there settings and springs and has found something that they feel works for them getting the most out of the stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts