Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my rims, tires are here tomorrow. For the price these rims are outstanding, super solid. Looking forward to this race, it will be my first in the Maverick. I'm running the stock class which is pretty easy going. Should be fun though. Anyone using a parker pumper? I am looking for a fairly inexpensive helmet with the air built in.

photo.JPG

·
Registered
492 Posts
I was looking at getting the same wheel when I go for the 30" Mongrels. From the pics I found online, the bead lock looks to be fake?

What tires did you select?

Good luck on the race!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bead locks are real:) I went with the GBC mongrels 28 inch only because I haven't done my clutch yet which I will be purchasing from Kris at cold blooded. Once I get the clutch I will be getting the 30s.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Sweet! I plan to do a clutch soon, but need to waste the Bighorns anyway before getting new tires. I had considered of the 28's since I wasn't sure of the 30" fit. I ride desert, woods and a little rocks and could use some more ground clearance.

Post up some pics when you get her all together.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
30s fit but they will rub the front of the rear fenders a little bit and the bottom of the headlight plastics. The rear can easily be trimmed.

Are those wheels the black or the slick coat?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
30s fit but they will rub the front of the rear fenders a little bit and the bottom of the headlight plastics. The rear can easily be trimmed.

Are those wheels the black or the slick coat?
Slick Coat

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Good luck on the race. If nothing else, you should have fun.
What size are those rims? & the weight?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Very nice. I think you posted that you will be doing a clutch upgrade later? That's a good idea with the bigger tires.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Put my 30" mongrels & sti beadlocks on today but couldn't even get it out of the garage. Daughter took off with the keys to her car. Damn it!
20130615_163841.jpg
Mav w mongrels.jpg
Gained about 2 1/4" in height, even looks to be a little wider - the offset I think is the same as stock - maybe the taller tires just give it that appearance.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Boy they sure make the stockers look tiny.
Looks like a good all purpose tread pattern.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
They look like the old school Goodyear MTRs. That tire should rule the majority of the west coast terrain. If we ever run anything on the left side ill be running them for sure. Enjoy, you have a great setup. Remember to trim that rear fender cause it'll drive you crazy when it rubs!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts