Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to start the build on the new MAX DPS. I have about 8 hours on it and plan on finishing off the last 2 hours this weekend. I will pull it down to do the service and start getting it put together. This is the list so far:

CT Front Gusset Set, Red
CT Racing Tie Rods
E2 Rigid 40" Light Bar, Just came in and I am in love....
HMF Front Bumper
EMP Rear Hitch and Gusset
Twin Safe Glow Whips with Tusk Mounts 1 Red 1 White
Arctic Bomb Switchless Sport Low
Kolpin Tilt Windshield
Fabricating Custom Max Roof to Accommodate E2 light
CT Rear Radius Rods
Still Undecided on doors.....Im not in a hurry on the doors....Watching the market and development on them. Hope I can make up my mind before March....

Pic included on the Rigid E2 Light...It was too nice to not share....

When I do the 10 hr, I will be using all Royal Purple Product, I used them on the 2013 Mav Xrs and the 2012 Commander, and they never let me down.

DSC00482.JPG

Reactions: BigShow

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Have fun building

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Desert.....It should keep me occupied while the weather continues to be crappy!!!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice list. Post up some pics as it progresses!
I sure will. Very excited to get this going. Break in has been a real BEEOC! with all these artic blasts and freezing rain ect going on this year. Just chalk it up to another strange weather quagmire!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Headed out for final break in to juniper today.. went ahead and stuck the artic bomb sport low in before I go so I can try out its climbing ability.. then will start the tear down..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Headed out for final break in to juniper today.. went ahead and stuck the artic bomb sport low in before I go so I can try out its climbing ability.. then will start the tear down..

So what were your thoughts on the Sport Low mod...did it put a big smile on your face!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holy cow sport low rocked on this machine. Was also nice to not have to use up.a switch spot on the dash...

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
haha.....yea it is a great mod. My problem is with the aftermarket clutches, I am bouncing off of the rev limiter all the time when I use low gear now. I am thinking the ECU reflash from MrRPM might be the ticket....with the 8500 RPM rev limit, I can keep it pinned in low and not hit the limiter...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes.. it might be. I have been watching that thread. It just might be the ticket for sure. . Let me know if you. Are the jump and how it turns out....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
it is on the list with about 30 other things......I am getting doors on next and then probably going to lower the stock cage or see how close Alex is to releasing his "cage in a box"......if he is gonna be a while, I will go ahead and lower the stock cage for now.....

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear you.. The List of 30 things that just doesn't ever seem to shrink. ..it is soo endless... what's the main reason for lowering the cage?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
purely looks......I like the looks of the aftermarket cages and most of them are 4" or more lower than stock. The guys that have lowered theirs about 4" and posted up pics looks really good (to me).....it would then free up some $$$ for other goodies :smile:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I admit. They do look good lowered.... plus in the midst of all this I found a nice 06 ds 650 bombardier quad I just couldn't live without and picked that up yesterday... lol. It is a sickness. ..my hmf front bumper arrived today.. really nice with the light bar mount and winch mount built in..

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yea, they make a really nice product.....if i didn't already have the TurnKey front bumper, I would seriously consider the HMF just behind Alex's bumper.....

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I should go look around. . Does Adam have a rear bumper?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Adam at TurnKey? Yes, they released it right around Christmas but a lot of people are holding out until they release one with an integrated receiver hitch on it.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry I was thinking Alex at ct.. does he have a rear bumper is what I meant to ask. I did call and speak with refugio"cook" at turnkey today. He said the reciever bumpers should be done in the next week or so. He sent me some photos to my email this evening. It looks like a nice bumper.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts