Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered the service manual off of ebay today. I am wondering what maintenance needs to be done and at what times. My dealer was helpful when i bought my machine , but not so much now by not telling me what needs to be done and at what times. So really , they just want my money for them to service my machine instead of being helpful by telling me at what times to do everything like the hrs and miles. I have read on other post of some things to look for and do like the valves being adjusted . If anyone has time to help me better understand of the procedures i would really appreciate it .

Things i want to know is when to change front and rear diffs , engine oil , gearbox oil , speed sensor cleaning and where to locate , really front to rear service and where to buy the oil filter and other gaskets.

I would like to say im not a professional mechanic , but willing to do this myself to save on cost.......so pls keep your negative comments to yourself because im man enough to ask for help when i need it instead of trying something i know nothing about. I have a 2013 xrs with about 30 hrs on it.

Tks in advance for your help and replies

·
Hickory, NC
2,962 Posts
You will be fine. Just purchase the oil change kit and follow instructions. Get a mini 1/4 ratchet,5 mm Allen and 3/16 Allen socket for the diffs. Don't forget to grease all fittings including driveshafts and stay on top of the air filter. Another thing is to pull down all your shocks and remove bushings to access spherical bearings and grease thoroughly, pay close attention to the Oring seals and replace if damaged. Good luck man

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Did you buy your Mav brand new? If so then you should have gotten an owners manual. In there you'll find the maintenance schedule. If you didn't get one then it will be in the service manual you ordered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts