Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Can Am Maverick X3 X RS Turbo RR with Smart-Shox
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good? I picked up a RR pumper. I like the between the seat location but worried it'll pull the turbo panel off on hard hits. Otherwise I've got the bar mount but it'll be tight with my separator and hoping to preserve a tiny bit of review

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
381 Posts
Any good? I picked up a RR pumper. I like the between the seat location but worried it'll pull the turbo panel off on hard hits. Otherwise I've got the bar mount but it'll be tight with my separator and hoping to preserve a tiny bit of review
I have the RR pumper on 2.5" alum clamps that came with the pump and bolts directly to the pumper. I mounted it centered between the seats on the 2.5 bar.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Perfect place...I've personally never had it pop that panel off...many hard hits in the dunes...one thing I've done on my cars is mount the pumper upside down so filter is at the bottom. This way when you wash the car the water doesn't get down into the pump and hoses...

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have Steele Racing Products SRP pumper mounted to the panel between the seats on my X3 with no problems at all. Mine is also mounted with the filter down as well.

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
I have Steele Racing Products SRP pumper mounted to the panel between the seats on my X3 with no problems at all. Mine is also mounted with the filter down as well.
How do you like their pumper set up?

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
I sold my RR pumper for the SRP one and am much happier. I liked how the controller on the SRP was smaller and it sure blows a lot of air. It personally comes down to preference and pricing to me.
I am thinking of making a switch to a different pumper system. It appears the SRP puts out more CFM than the others. How is noise level compared to the RR?

·
Registered
2021 Can Am Maverick X3 X RS Turbo RR with Smart-Shox
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya that SRP looks nice! Brushless and 60+ CFM. A bit spendy'er but I'm sure you get what you pay for

In other news, I called Geiser since both mounts look the same and turns out they were the ones who designed the mount for RR! A bit of useless trivia

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ya that SRP looks nice! Brushless and 60+ CFM. A bit spendy'er but I'm sure you get what you pay for

In other news, I called Geiser since both mounts look the same and turns out they were the ones who designed the mount for RR! A bit of useless trivia
Yes, you definitely get what you pay for with SRP products. I'm even contemplating using their intercooler and radiator fans. I watched a video on Instagram with SRP showing how well their fans work with less amperage and can be controlled by various sources instead of being full on all of the time. Pretty neat video.

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
Yes, you definitely get what you pay for with SRP products. I'm even contemplating using their intercooler and radiator fans. I watched a video on Instagram with SRP showing how well their fans work with less amperage and can be controlled by various sources instead of being full on all of the time. Pretty neat video.
My friend is running their intercooler and radiator fan. He might of been the first to get the radiator fan. He took is X3 for a test spin in the heat of Vegas and said his temps were good and the fans worked perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: desertguy
1 - 10 of 10 Posts