Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 maverick trail 1000. 5-2 offset wheels. 27 inch tires. Roof. Mirrors. Full windshield.
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any advise on the most economical place to purchase an entire gearbox for a Maverick trail 1000 base model? Mine is cracked and to disassemble and tig and machine, the best price i can find is $1400. I looked on RMATV and saw an entire, new, gearbox is $2070. So I'm going to go with new. Just seeing if there may be a cheaper route.

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
I doubt you will find much. Not a big race machine so you wont see any extra parts out there. Other than ebay or salvage parts places you might have to buy new.

But if you removed and disassembled your gearbox, boiled it on water to get the oil out and took it to a welder yourself. I bet you would only pay less than $200 for the welding and smoothing. The some new bearings and possible gaskets you would be around $500.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Reactions: Kennygharley

·
Administrator
2,350 Posts
Anyone have any advise on the most economical place to purchase an entire gearbox for a Maverick trail 1000 base model? Mine is cracked and to disassemble and tig and machine, the best price i can find is $1400. I looked on RMATV and saw an entire, new, gearbox is $2070. So I'm going to go with new. Just seeing if there may be a cheaper route.
Had you contacted nFlow Motorsports for repair? They specialize in engine, transmission, and turbocharger work.

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
At 1200 for a used one the new one at 1400 looks like the best deal if he is replacing it.

Shipping will kill most deal on something that heavy.

Tim

·
Registered
2019 maverick trail 1000. 5-2 offset wheels. 27 inch tires. Roof. Mirrors. Full windshield.
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At 1200 for a used one the new one at 1400 looks like the best deal if he is replacing it.

Shipping will kill most deal on something that heavy.

Tim
A little over 2k for new. The $1400 was to repair mine. Right now that $1200 doesn't look so bad.

Thanks. I ordered this. Saved my @$$ and my bank account.
says I should have it by July 7.

Reactions: Tmesic
1 - 7 of 7 Posts