Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been looking around since it's about that time to change the Gearbox oil. Anyone found any helpful guides or something with pictures showing where the fill is at and the drain? Also I been having issues when I put the machine in low gear, the gear itself works fine but in the display it is showing it still in high. Any ideas? Thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you have the Sport Low override mod? I believe that it tricks the ecm, thinking it's still in high, thus the gauge reads High in Low.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup just spoke with the guy who sold me it and he forgot to tell me. Thanks for the help on that part of it. Now I just gotta figure out the Gearbox oil change

·
Vendor
6,217 Posts
There's a hole in the drain pan under the transmission. The fill is on the passenger side. Fill it till the oil runs out

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
You have to remove the passenger side engine cover and floor pan. That gives you the acces u need u will see a hole in the belly pan just above that hole is a drain plug aND straight above the drain plug is the fill plug a ratchet wrench works very well fluid is 75-140 synthetic gl5 rated and takes 500ml.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have to remove the passenger side engine cover and floor pan. That gives you the acces u need u will see a hole in the belly pan just above that hole is a drain plug aND straight above the drain plug is the fill plug a ratchet wrench works very well fluid is 75-140 synthetic gl5 rated and takes 500ml.
So I'm guessing it's a mess when I drain it then huh.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I always drop the skid plate to do the engine, tranny and diff oils. It can be really messy with the skids on unless your're really careful. Gives you a chance to clean out from under there and inspect for damage as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So I'm guessing it's a mess when I drain it then huh.
not a messy job at all. No need to remove skid plate but you have to remove the plastics from the passenger side (remove the seat, then 1 right hand lateral cowl cover then 1 fuel tank cover)

Here is a pic that will help you.

I use a plastic transparent fuel line hose on the end of a 950ml bottle of appropriate GL5 75-140 syn. gear oil bottle and fill into the fill hole until level is as high as the bottom edge of the fill hole (about 500ml or if you not work in metric the size of a large red solo cup)

View attachment gear box oil change.pdf

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yea it says only 500ml but yall know as well as i do that thats not enough oil too keep the gear box cool i unplug my vent line and pump a whole bottle of oil in it i take out the fill plug and hold my finger over it to let the build up of air out my gear box dont get as hot i also wrapped my back headder with a exhaustrap to keep heat off my gear box

1 - 10 of 10 Posts