Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did multiple searches.. couldn't find any info so started a new thread. When i shut the 2017 X3 Turbo off there is a few seconds long spinning gear type of noise. Sounds like it is coming from high up on the motor and righthand side... Turbo? Is this a normal sound.. i havent been around other X3's so i need the input from the owners here. My first SxS, and Turbo. Appreciate any assistance.. I am guessing the bearings on the turbo are going.. 4K miles on machine. No sand.. all northern forest trail miles. Thx!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Depends on loudness of sound but from just my first experience it's just the turbo still spinning after you power off for a few seconds. Spinning after is actually showing bearings are still good. Ofcoarse depends type of noise

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on loudness of sound but from just my first experience it's just the turbo still spinning after you power off for a few seconds. Spinning after is actually showing bearings are still good. Ofcoarse depends type of noise

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply.. going to go down and see if i can repeat it just reving it up in park and shutting it off.. will record it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts