Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went riding today. Was the second time having the Maverick out since I bought it. I noticed that when in 4wd it has a inherent noise that's RPM dependent. This isn't the typical gear noise you hear all the time when off the throttle. Sounds like gear noise/an old honda manual in reverse. In the video I'm in 2wd until 1:05 I put it in 4wd and you can hear the noise I'm talking about. Is this normal or is there a gear lash issue up front?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should add that that's the first I've heard it outside of the machine. Inside you can't hear it over the engine. Anybody heard there's drive by in 4wd make a similar noise? Definitely has a gear related sound. Just don't know if its the "norm" on the Maverick.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked the front diff and it was about a half inch below the fill hole. Taking it in this weekend for the dealer to check it out. To me it sounds like the backlash is too tight in the front diff. Guess we'll find out. Just hope it's is diagnosed with a "that's normal operation noise ".

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't have a maverick but I do have a commander and mine sounds the same in 4wd, always has since new and it has 3500 miles on it.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have a maverick but I do have a commander and mine sounds the same in 4wd, always has since new and it has 3500 miles on it.
Pretty much the same front diff so I'm glad to hear it's not just mine. Does yours have a QE front or regular viscolok?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is a vid I found of a Commander with the same issue. His was doing it all the time though.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll see what the dealer says. I've yet to hear a Maverick make this kind of gear noise but haven't seen any vids of one rolling by a camera in 4wd either. If they say it's "normal" I'll try the WS2. Thanks Heavy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts