Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Alex at CT (on this site as a vendor) has the best price. I did not buy mine from him although when I posted what I paid he said he could beat that price. BTW... Best tires I have owned.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
were u ok in mud. I have heard they were not good at all in mud. Yea I just emailed Alex. He is an hour south of me and have heard alot of good things about Alex.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well that explains it for me then. Maybe this tire is not for where I ride. I am thinking that blackwater ITP tire now or that EFX bear claw. Dont know yet. I want to see which one is the lightest

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have a set of the blackwater there pretty good took a few rides to break them in felt a little chunky at first .I put balancing beads in them .they are 8 ply that's why I got em lot's of sharp rocks where I ride.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is the best wheel and tire size for this tire? I want to order some and don't know what to order. Pics of this setup would be nice.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
TBone, what did you decide on? Mongrels, blackwater or efx bearclaws?

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have the Mongrels 28x10-14s and I love them. These are for straight up desert. They won't do good in the sand although I have not tried them. In the mud they will fail. I can say when I am flying the a desert trail they are so smooth and hook up so well.

The 28's measure closer to 29 on the rim at 12lbs.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Mine work awesome in wv and in some mud. I guess if ur puttin around they dond clear out in mud but I try skim tne top. On hard pac they are awesome and very smooth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TBone, what did you decide on? Mongrels, blackwater or efx bearclaws?
I am going to talk to alex about pricing and see. I really want this tire. I hear they are tough and I think for what we do they will be ok. EFX Bearclaws sound like they are better but I love the looks of that GBC Mongrel and I don't want any more sidewall pinches. Also I hear the gbc mongrel rides awesome too so I am thinking I will give them a try. Still don't know exactly yet. Probably will end up with these tires.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts