Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just letting you guys know we are walking the walk at Hunterworks with the Gates C12 belt on our maverick.

No run time yet as testing of all kinds is just fixing to get started.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Will be interesting to see how long it last with the stock set up.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Commander guys have had good luck with that belt. The guy I was racing when I blew mine was running 1, and said it was the only belt he hadn't blown.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I have one and am going to run it too. Half the price of the oem's!
Really interested in knowing how it holds up with heavy dune use.
Now we just need one of those mud bogger guys to test one...............

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have one and am going to run it too. Half the price of the oem's!
At half the price lets hope it lasts at least half as long. I'm all for a better belt for less $.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any way to test durometer of the belts? too hard and it will cut grooves in sheeves.
Not this one, actually it shows less wear on the clutches, believe this or not it is the cord that wears the clutches, the rubber wears faster than the aramid cords or Kevlar leaving more of the cord exposed to wear on the aluminum and on this carbon fiber belt the carbon fiber belt wears with the rubber.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At half the price lets hope it lasts at least half as long. I'm all for a better belt for less $.
Keep in mind all belts "cost" about the same to manufacture but depending on how many hands it goes thru to what it cost you.

Can am belt, some one makes it, can am buys it, sells it to dealers who sells to you. It has been bought three times by you.

Gates makes them and I buy them direct from them then to you. It is only bought twice.

I also sell them cheaper than they are in most places, didn't say no one does just most are near retail

So the price of the belt does not determine the quality of the belt, same goes for axles. I sell a axle for $125 shipped but I buy directly from the manufacturer and pass the savings to you.

Todd

·
Registered
806 Posts
How much for te Gates belt from you?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Do ya'll have a coupon code for us guys on the forum?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
ATV Outfitters is selling the C12 belt for $74.50, second belt is $69.50. Free shipping. 2 belts for $144. They are a supporting vendor too. They started a thread about their belts on this forum somewhere.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
ATV Outfitters is selling the C12 belt for $74.50, second belt is $69.50. Free shipping. 2 belts for $144. They are a supporting vendor too. They started a thread about their belts on this forum somewhere.
what do you say hunter? is this legit? can you compare?

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
what do you say hunter? is this legit? can you compare?
No, we are going to stick to what we have them at. Not interested in a price war then they get so low no one makes anything then the product goes away.

I can't sell them that cheap, I bought a Maverick to test this and many products on so it cost us more to do business than others who don't do it this way.

In the end you may pay a few bucks for a couple items but can rest assured the place you are buying it from knows what they are talking about and you are served better.

Todd

·
Registered
806 Posts
I just ordered one from hunter and then seen the the post about atv oufitters, just my luck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts