Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
A belt is a belt RIGHT. Why the heck are these Gates belts sooo much cheaper than the BRP. Have not ran a Gates yet and do like quality parts but dang are they as good..Belt is a belt.........

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The OEM belts are the best but the Gates are a great alternative. I have run one for 9 months and it looks as good as the day I put it on....

·
Registered
458 Posts
I burned a factory belt on the second ride, got 400 miles on a gates c-12 with zero issues.

Reactions: mrtosh

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gates c12 carbon belt is much stronger then stock . They do make a oem belt that is way cheaper so don't be fooled . The part numbers are extremely close . You shouldn't pay more then like 60 dollars for the 30g3750 which is a oem replacement . The carbon fiber belt part num is 30c3750. And that belt is still way cheaper then a oem and much stronger and longer life then a can am belt . The can am belts will start to side frae then it's all over

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Gates c12 carbon belt is much stronger then stock . They do make a oem belt that is way cheaper so don't be fooled . The part numbers are extremely close . You shouldn't pay more then like 60 dollars for the 30g3750 which is a oem replacement . The carbon fiber belt part num is 30c3750. And that belt is still way cheaper then a oem and much stronger and longer life then a can am belt . The can am belts will start to side frae then it's all over
I agree the gates belts are a great alternative to the OEM belts ( I am running one too) but I wouldn't say they are stronger than the OEM with the Aramid fibers.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree the gates belts are a great alternative to the OEM belts ( I am running one too) but I wouldn't say they are stronger than the OEM with the Aramid fibers.
I'm just speaking with personal use . That's all .

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I'm just speaking with personal use . That's all .
it's all good man.....they are both great belts and with the Gates being half the cost of the OEM, I don't ever see myself buying the Can Am belt.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I had 1200 miles on my stock belt, really didn't need changing. But changed to a Gates C-12 with only 200 miles now. Hope it holds up as good as the BRP one.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I just put a c12 on today i have 1100 miles on my oem but smelled belt at 250 miles. Brp belt was just a hair over 30mm service limit so ill keep that one for a spare. So well see how long it last.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts