Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a e-mail stating the maverick belt is on backorder for another 3-4 weeks. It is not the only belt I can't get right now but they are ramping up production. They are surprised as anyone how these belts have taken off.

Todd

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
word gets around fast when you can save 50% off the OEM price!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thanks for the update.I sill have my harnesses,doors to put on and only half-way through my clutch bolt recall job.I'm all set now to pull the cvt cover.Can't wait to get the first look at the belt and clutches.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I blew my stock belt at 380 miles. Put the 715900212 "heavy duty" can am belt and blew that today doin 50mph on a gravel road. I have 444 miles total on the machine. I ride my back and forth to the farm and sometimes hook a small trailer to haul garbage. I am completely fed up- what's the answer? I get it I was out muddin, drag racing, or rippin up a gravel pit but that's far from the case. Help!

It is not your belt that is the issue, either something you are doing is doing it, something is wrong, big tires or snorkels.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
replace the primary clutch at a minimum and install a CVT temp gauge so you can tell when your belt is getting too hot.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
What do u suggest? I want it to work everyday. No need for more hp or speed
Would need to know some information about riding style vehicle setup and location. Contact Kris at Cold Blooded Performance and he will steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Thanks for the update.I sill have my harnesses,doors to put on and only half-way through my clutch bolt recall job.I'm all set now to pull the cvt cover.Can't wait to get the first look at the belt and clutches.
when ever doing any towing or up hill use Low gear and 4wd if pulling heavy loads

make sure u have the newest recall done to your clutch

ruff up the clutch inner halfs with a scotch brite and they say clean the belt with dawn and warm water, sum say dishwasher, lol

also u can try a Dalton or epi clutch kit

or buy new primary for 750-875 and u shouldn't have a problem

·
Registered
161 Posts
You know I just don't get it on the short life for belts. I have almost 1400 miles on mine and it is in great shape, I just had the dealer install a Dalton kit yesterday and at that time I told them to replace the belt if it needed it, When I picked it up and ask about this they said it looked almost new which I would expect with only 1400 miles. No, I don't baby this thing, I drive the crap out of it at times but I am careful to let the belt cool down if I been making several climbs in the dunes back to back. Maybe how people break them in is the ticket.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Break in is the key. I've heard 30 miles of not full throttle with occasional bursts of 3/4 throttle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finally tore my quad apart and I did not blow the 212 belt but when I brought the quad in for the clutch update the mechanic did not lock tite the secondary main bolt (the update bolt). It seems odd to me that the engine braking cold cause that to loosen but the 212 belt looked great. Sorry for any confusion

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally tore my quad apart and I did not blow the 212 belt but when I brought the quad in for the clutch update the mechanic did not lock tite the secondary main bolt (the update bolt). It seems odd to me that the engine braking cold cause that to loosen but the 212 belt looked great. Sorry for any confusion
There is only one belt, it just has a different number on it from rotax because they use a different numbering systems. Same belt, same spec different part number. This has been settled out a while back. I have a contact at BRP who verified.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts