Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
You need to calm down..
I never said that I feel one or the other regarding either belt. You assume that and are putting words in my mouth.
I merely made an observational remark regarding your post about your conversation with a BPR salesperson, tech or whatever he or she was.
I must of hit a nerve and for that please accept my apology.
Believe me I'm definitely not a know it all when it comes to SxS's. This is my first one and I am here to learn.
For what it's worth I do believe that the factory belt is the better belt. But with that said the only knowledge I have as to why I feel this way is based one what I've read here on this forum.
Good day.

·
Premium Member
7,431 Posts
You need to calm down..
I never said that I feel one or the other regarding either belt. You assume that and are putting words in my mouth.
I merely made an observational remark regarding your post about your conversation with a BPR salesperson, tech or whatever he or she was.
I must of hit a nerve and for that please accept my apology.
Believe me I'm definitely not a know it all when it comes to SxS's. This is my first one and I am here to learn.
For what it's worth I do believe that the factory belt is the better belt. But with that said the only knowledge I have as to why I feel this way is based one what I've read here on this forum.
Good day.

OK well if you are here to learn then me explain where I was. my self and about a dozen people from Arizona and California got to meet with 4 or 5 BRP engineers and a sub contractor they use to test vehicles before they go to the consumer.

During that they ask what should be changed etc on the vehicle, in my case and Warlock, socalmav, wadmaster and Joepit we preproduction tested the X3. These are the engineers who design them. They each have an area they are in charge of like chassis and suspension, drive train etc.

I see absolutely no reason for them to lie that have the belts special made for them with their specs in them. And like was stated if you do a survey you will find out 3 out 4 or more will say OEM outlasts and out performs the Gates belt.

Tim

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ok thank you.
I have read that the OEM belts are lasting much longer on the X3's then on previous models. So they most of changed something for the better.
I'm just over 500 miles on my Xrs now with only SoCal Mojave Desert driving...no dunes..and hope to get better then a 1000 miles out of it. Or I should say I'm looking to change it at 1000 miles.
I well have to search regarding the Gate's belt and see how those are doing. Some are saying that they are somewhat shorter tho..

·
Premium Member
7,431 Posts
Ok thank you.
I have read that the OEM belts are lasting much longer on the X3's then on previous models. So they most of changed something for the better.
I'm just over 500 miles on my Xrs now with only SoCal Mojave Desert driving...no dunes..and hope to get better then a 1000 miles out of it. Or I should say I'm looking to change it at 1000 miles.
I well have to search regarding the Gate's belt and see how those are doing. Some are saying that they are somewhat shorter tho..
The nice thing about the gates is the price, so as a second belt or one you could " LOAN" ( READ NEVER GET BACK) on the trail, I do carry one just for that reason. plus I think If I ever do lose a belt and put my OEM on I still have some peace of mind with the second spare more cost effective spare. Tim

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yea exactly but for 50 or 60 buck I'm not gonna sweat it. I scored a couple of OEM belts off Amazon for a good price.
Hey not to change the subject but while I've got you here...your obviously very knowledgeable, I'd like to get you thoughts on intakes. I'd like to get one but don't want to loose my enclosed filter. Any suggestions?
I don't want to hijack this thread so if you could point me to the proper thread maybe we could continue there..
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,431 Posts
Yea exactly but for 50 or 60 buck I'm not gonna sweat it. I scored a couple of OEM belts off Amazon for a good price.
Hey not to change the subject but while I've got you here...your obviously very knowledgeable, I'd like to get you thoughts on intakes. I'd like to get one but don't want to loose my enclosed filter. Any suggestions?
I don't want to hijack this thread so if you could point me to the proper thread maybe we could continue there..
Thanks

That is one I dont have enough info on yet, the X3 hasn't been out very long to see what works and what doesn't in the after market yet. Definetly make a thread and see whats out there and if anybody has tested much. Tim

21 - 30 of 30 Posts