·
Premium Member
10,803 Posts
IMO, you're better off with OEM.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
IMO, you're better off with OEM.
I second this. Also KWI I believe has said the same thing. I believe he said the gates are shorter. Also Alex Reed says OEM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
We were talking but the OEM belt from BRP. I don't know who makes it for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,284 Posts
I keep a dayco around as a spare and an OEM, I figure its nice to have 2 spares but really if I ever have to lend out a belt I am not to big on lending an OEM, it seems like you never get paid back later, so having a low end belt is a great option. Tim

Reactions: mymavt

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
i put a gates carbon belt on when my stocker failed at 960 miles. Gonna compare milage. I used to get great life from gates on my xp 900.

·
Registered
37 Posts
OEM Belt: lasted me 1 and 3/4 races
Cheapo Gates Carbon: 2 races on it and still looks good! Although I'll probably change it for the next race and use it as a dune spare.

Not sponsored by gates either, just racing on a budget!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I found that a gates takes longer to cool off and if both belts are 170 f the gates is softer .

·
Premium Member
7,284 Posts
I found that a gates takes longer to cool off and if both belts are 170 f the gates is softer .

When I talked to the BRP factory rep and the engineer they told me the Ski Doo and X3 factory belts are a proprietary compound that is much more durable than and after market belt.

I would think BRP would want the best belt they can find. Tim

Reactions: EX-IT-3

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Hard to say if BRP would want the best belt or not .
In the past they made a few great belts for our mountain sleds and if they were lasting too long they would discontinue the belt . And they did this a few times . They want belts to fail so they can sell more . The almighty bean counters have lots of pull .

·
Registered
235 Posts
When I talked to the BRP factory rep and the engineer they told me the Ski Doo and X3 factory belts are a proprietary compound that is much more durable than and after market belt.

I would think BRP would want the best belt they can find. Tim
What are they supposed to say?
Does anyone really think that BRP would tell you that an aftermarket belt is a better belt... or at least a better bang for your buck..
Humm.

·
Premium Member
7,284 Posts
What are they supposed to say?
Does anyone really think that BRP would tell you that an aftermarket belt is a better belt... or at least a better bang for your buck..
Humm.
Yes I do hmmmm.

This wasn't a salesperson it was BRP factory testing before the X3 release. I know I dont lie to customers in my business and assuming we are not talking about a salesperson I dont think most others do either.

The facts do bear that out as MOST people on here will say they have had better luck with a factory belt than an aftermarket belt.

Another point is just because they say theirs is better does not exclude that fact it may be, so the contention that because they said its not true is illogical. HMMMM. Tim

·
Premium Member
7,284 Posts
Well right on!
You straightened me out.
Here's my dollar serve me another glass of Kool-Aid.
Thanks

Clearly there is no straightening you out, buy the Gates belt if you know it all. Tim

1 - 20 of 30 Posts