Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are offering a sale on the Gates belts (both the Kevlar Aramid G-Force and the new C12 Carbon version) for the Can Am's.

Pricing will be $45.00 shipped on the Kevlar Aramid and $74.50 for the C12 Carbon

For you hardcore guys, we are offering an additional $5.00 off with the purchase of 2.

THESE PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING IN THE USA! WE CAN SHIP TO CANADA FOR $26.00 PER BELT

http://www.atvserver.com/product/30C3750.html

ATV Parts ATV Tires ATV Wheels ATV Accessories: GATES KEVLAR G-FORCE DRIVE BELT-CAN AM V-TWIN MODELS

·
Registered
214 Posts
Do these work for the Maverick? I have used them on my commander with good results. Didn't know they had them for the maverick yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do these work for the Maverick? I have used them on my commander with good results. Didn't know they had them for the maverick yet.
We have sold them for the Maverick previously and had no complaints (although it could be that they were bought as spares and are not actually being used yet). That being said the Dayco, Moose, Quadboss, EPI, etc. belts are the same for the Commander, Maverick, etc. models.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
i have had the carbon belt on my turbo commander with stock clutchs for 200 miles and 250 miles with a cvtech and stock sec works great so far

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I will say gates makes one of the best belts for cars way better then a goodyear gatorback , we wouldn't even sell them at the repair shop, lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will say gates makes one of the best belts for cars way better then a goodyear gatorback , we wouldn't even sell them at the repair shop, lol
We won't sell the Gatorback belts for CVT's either. Too many issues with them. Dayco, EPI and Gates are the brands we feel perform the best.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why does this sound too good to be true? Who has ran these?
I understand. Based on OEM pricing, I can certainly see where people would think it's a typo or there is something else going on, but it's simply a great value in my opinion. I do think the Carbon C12 is the way to go in a 100+ HP ride like the Maverick personally, but they have a 2 year manufacturer's warranty.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
What does that warranty cover?
Are these they same exactly specs as the factory OEM belt? width & length?
How does the compound compare to OEM? softer or harder?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Warranty language is typical CYA stuff. Will cover defects. Will not cover abuse/damage/racing type issues. I have yet to hear of anyone actually being told by Gates that a belt was not covered (even though to be honest we have not seen many failures, so the sample size is small). I think gates has the size specs on their site, but I do not have Can Am's specs to make a comparison . Not sure on the compound. The belt is a layered construction so it's not as if there is a single compound to compare between one model of belt and another.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I was just curious because I need to buy a backup belt but I want it to be the same quality as factory if not better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
THIS IS THE SPECS OFF BOTH BELTS. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IN THE SPECS IS THE 30G3750 is OEM SPEC ON THE OE COMPARISON RATING AND THE 30C3750 IS OE IMPROVED (+)
Attribute Specification
OE Comparison Rating OE Improved (OE+)
Top Width (in) 1.313
Top Width (mm) 33
Outside Circumference (in) 38.625
Outside Circumference (mm) 981
Double Notch Yes
Material Fabric Bottom

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
THIS IS THE SPECS OFF BOTH BELTS. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IN THE SPECS IS THE 30G3750 is OEM SPEC ON THE OE COMPARISON RATING AND THE 30C3750 IS OE IMPROVED (+)
Attribute Specification
OE Comparison Rating OE Improved (OE+)
Top Width (in) 1.313
Top Width (mm) 33
Outside Circumference (in) 38.625
Outside Circumference (mm) 981
Double Notch Yes
Material Fabric Bottom
Thanks, I will most likely be ordering when I get my backup.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Warranty language is typical CYA stuff. Will cover defects. Will not cover abuse/damage/racing type issues. I have yet to hear of anyone actually being told by Gates that a belt was not covered (even though to be honest we have not seen many failures, so the sample size is small). I think gates has the size specs on their site, but I do not have Can Am's specs to make a comparison . Not sure on the compound. The belt is a layered construction so it's not as if there is a single compound to compare between one model of belt and another.
mavericks like to eat belts with heat and hard riding with a stock clutch , ,

so when they blow will gates warranty a blown up belt to pieces ? lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts