Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone please school me on these...basically which one is the best?? I have STM/STM clutches plus a fan and wanna change out my belt and leave the one I have for a spare....not to worried about price just want to use the best one!!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
If you go strictly off of the manufactures specs, the Can Am belt would be better based on the materials it is built with. That being said, lots of people are running the Gates C12 belt and have not had any problems with it (Myself included). I personally think the OEM belt is way overpriced at $164 and you can get a C12 from vendors on the forum for as low as $79…..I would highly recommend you get a C12 and try for yourself. It will save you a bunch of money over the OEM and perform just as well….

Reactions: BigTruck

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I bought a factory belt to start the new desert season. The C12 belt are certainly a lot less money but I didn't want to be the guinea pig to see if they hold up. As more people use them, we should get a better idea of thier durability. But you can buy 2 of them for the price of 1 OEM belt.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yea, I don't have many miles on mine yet but so far so good…..

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Atv outfitters and hunterworks both sell the belt at good prices but I think atv outfitters is the cheapest.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I bought mine from Hunterworks. He sells them for $89 for first belt and $79 for the second if you buy 2 at the same time. That price is shipped by the way....

Reactions: Chappy227

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
I'm been running the gates carbon for around 600 miles now Works great Haven't felt it slip yet even when boosting 10psi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I wanna know what clutch setup you're using boosting 10 psi.....
stm rage 8 will hold it all day

and I think he runs a commander ?- same clutch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts