Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, yesterday while out riding I heard a pretty load whine/whistle/noise. Even my passenger (a 12 year old) said over the engine, "what's that noise?". I finally decided it was my fuel tank venting. Is this normal?
Today when I added fuel, there was a big vacuum in the tank. I should have pulled the cap yesterday to see if it stopped.
In continued for quite a while after the engine was off yesterday. I thought it might have been a cooling fan.

·
Registered
292 Posts
i had the exact same thing, and the exact same thoughts. drove me nuts until i figured out it was the gas tank. on my sport xmr, looking at the drawings, there is a vent line from the tank going up to the snorkels. to fully see it you have to pull the bed. i took the air cleaner cover and filter off and could somewhat see the line. feeling around, i could feel where it got pinched behind something on its way up. i got it unstuck, but the line felt pretty crimped. it definitely helped, but didn't seem to eliminate it all together. we just got back from hatfield. figured i would just pull the bed and do a deep clean at the same time as properly fixing the vent line.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, maybe it got tweaked? I'll have to look around and see if I find a restriction. Mine is a 2019 Sport XRC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts