Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a full windshield roof and back window on my maverick and when I'm riding it I get a strong gas smell a lot of the time and its enough to get a headache. Has anyone else had this issue? It seems to do it when it's warmer.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Could be that your gas tank vent line came loose or isnt routed properly.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Actually for the first time this happened to me this weekend. It wasn't bad enough to give me a headache. It was kind of faint but for sure it was a gas smell.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
With the full windshield on and getting that back draft mine smells just like amonhia not gas..

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sounds like exhaust to me....
I had it with a full windshield till i made a polycarbonate bed liner for under the rear rack that covers all the area..
Now its at a minimum ... I plan to construct an exhaust tip turn-down on it maybe this weekend..

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a full windshield roof and back window on my maverick and when I'm riding it I get a strong gas smell a lot of the time and its enough to get a headache. Has anyone else had this issue? It seems to do it when it's warmer.

What are you using for the back window ???? OEM Rear Net ???

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have been smelling a slight odor from time to time on mine also (usually when coming to a stop or slowing down).

I have the half windshield and fine mess rear net. It's definitely a gas smell. I was going to have it checked out on the first service.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I've noticed this on mine as well, when slowing down and coming to a stop. I figured it was a vent line or something maybe come loose

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
When mine was new and I was in off camber situations I would smell gas strong. But the last month it seems to have gone away

·
Registered
968 Posts
The vent for the gas tank is in the front up by the hood. If you look in the vent opening above the hood you will see the white plastic vent for the tank. I have no idea who thought that was a good place to put the end of the hose. When it gets hot the gas expands in the tank and then you smell it more. Or when you move forward it blows the vapors back into the cab. You would have to route the hose different than it is now.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I have the electric maverick so I have no gas smell,

Reactions: CrazyCooter

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
You could possibly run it up the passenger side of the cage under the plastic bodywork. Not much else you could put it that would have it behind you so the vapors wouldnt get to you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts