Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Maverick Sport XRC
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2020 Maverick Sport XRC and was wondering what everyone else was getting for gas mileage with this machine. I am trying to figure out how to mount a spare gas can but thought maybe I dont even need it.

Thanks

2020 Maverick Sport XRC
Power windshield
Sport top
Rear net
Trunk cover
Wet Sounds audio system

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm interested too, since I replaced my 2018 MavT with a new 2020 MavS XRC yesterday. My former MavT had 4650 miles and consistently returned 20-22 mpg on all day runs of prox 100 trail miles roundtrip (mostly off-pavement). I won't expect same with combo of 1000R engine, CVT gearing differences and OEM 30" tires. I'll carry a 2G Rotopax fuel jug on one side and 2G water jug on the other as on the MavT. Pics on request...

BTW, since that was your first forum post, be prepared for this to be moved to the new member intro section...

·
Registered
2020 Maverick Sport XRC
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck with the new machine. Certainly an awesome machine. Do you have pictures of your spare gas can set up?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Pictures posted 5 months ago in a related topic here...

On that MavT, I carried a mounted spare tire (deflated) inside my covered trunk bed which obviously won't work with the XRC 30" tire. So then, I (as will my buddy who likewise replaced his own MavT with a new XRC yesterday) will use combo of Can-Am All-Terrain Trunk Cover with their LinQ Pivoting Rack plus OEM wheel/tire combo on top. Although there appears room enough to attach Rotopax's PAX BAR MOUNTS above the Pivot Rack mounting clamps, we might need to do something different on our XRCs. Maybe instead Rotopax's newer RollpaX 1.5 Gallon Gasoline jugs, which don't appeal as much but might be a workable alternative.

So far since yesterday, installed my Dragonfire aluminum roof and Can-Am rear mesh screen plus 30AH battery kept from the MavT with several new accessories in transit now from RMATV...

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
71 Posts
With the 1000R in my Sport I feel pretty safe hitting 250 km on a tank in Sport mode. Not pushing things to the limit or anything but still putting my foot in it fairly often.

·
Registered
2020 Maverick Sport XRC
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pictures posted 5 months ago in a related topic here...

On that MavT, I carried a mounted spare tire (deflated) inside my covered trunk bed which obviously won't work with the XRC 30" tire. So then, I (as will my buddy who likewise replaced his own MavT with a new XRC yesterday) will use combo of Can-Am All-Terrain Trunk Cover with their LinQ Pivoting Rack plus OEM wheel/tire combo on top. Although there appears room enough to attach Rotopax's PAX BAR MOUNTS above the Pivot Rack mounting clamps, we might need to do something different on our XRCs. Maybe instead Rotopax's newer RollpaX 1.5 Gallon Gasoline jugs, which don't appeal as much but might be a workable alternative.

So far since yesterday, installed my Dragonfire aluminum roof and Can-Am rear mesh screen plus 30AH battery kept from the MavT with several new accessories in transit now from RMATV...
Thanks for your help @DirtDawg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts