Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I would share how easy it is to install this-

I picked up my Max yesterday, and they had many of the parts in, but not the radio or roof yet. Thing is I needed my Max for an event, so I just told them Id pick it up and bring it back. They loaded all the boxes of parts I bought, and after looking at them, I figured I could do it.

So the mirror and rear bed rail and bags took me 10 minutes or so.

The new console that holds the GPS and the radio head unit (which I have the hole covered for the stock radio since it isnt in yet) took me 25 minutes, and I wasnt rushing a single step. I took my time and made sure not to scratch anything or break clips or plugs.

The GPS mount has built in charging for the maverick, and the maverick already has the plug in the wiring harness to plug it into. Literally, plug and play.

One FYI though- the plug on the wiring harness has an endcap to keep dirt from getting into the plug you need to remove first. Its a white cap that looks like a different style plug, and took me 5 minutes because I was looking for the pictured plug which didnt show the cap in the picture. Its two screws and two push pins. I needed a hex driver, and a pair of pipe pliers for the large retainer rings holding on the ignition and switch. To think I was gonna get charged an hour's labor from the dealership.....what a joke.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
wait til u hit the radio and front/rear speakers, better consider 6 hrs there. to do it right, check it over and properly run the speaker wires in front and rear and tie up in the tunnel all the wires

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ya gps was easy but like bulldog said the radio is going to be a different story. Im not looking forward to putting in the brp turn signal kit either thats going to be a pain.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im having the dealer install the radio. Im expecting it to be more complicated. Although I am also considering having a stereo dealer install it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nothing complicated about putting a stereo in these things. The hard part for most people is making it sound good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts