Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m resurrecting this old post because I was just taking my first ride in northern Wisconsin deep in the woods using Polaris’ Ride Command on my iPad Mini 2 and could not get any signal. The iPad Mini does have GPS built in, but apparently with poor reception. Will a Garmin GLO help me get GPS signal when surrounded by trees and far from any cell towers to be able to use this older iPad?

·
Registered
158 Posts
The iPads and other tablets have a 1hz gps chip. 1position update per second. Slow for my driving style and frequently drops out. Some friends of mine use these tablets and always lose signals in the woods or valleys. I use the Magellan TRx7 (some people hate them) and love it. The new update made a big difference for user interface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
using Polaris’ Ride Command on my iPad Mini 2 and could not get any signal. The iPad Mini does have GPS built in, but apparently with poor reception.
Interested in this topic also, exact same device with integrated GPS, and wondering how reliable it is in deep areas?

People here seemed to think it was sufficient in another thread, but I am a bit skeptical, and worry it might let me down when it matters, particularly when its wet with heavy moisture in the air, fog and in deep canyons.

Be interested to know what GPS pucks are the optimal solutions if they were ever needed.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts