Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Galfer Brake Pads on X3?

19K views 81 replies 23 participants last post by  MikeXM 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
IDK, 270mm is what they run on 220 lb dirt bikes, and stop them well. Using them to stop a 2000 (guesstimate) lb car? If they work out, that's a great price for more stopping power, IMO.

#10 ·
My X3 is in the shop 3 hours away or I would measure. Anyone out there able to do this?

I will say that looking at the photos it seems like the relocating brackets for the calipers move them out an inch or so which would be 25mm....meaning stick is maybe closer to 240mm...10ish inches. While an inch in diameter may not seem like much it’s quite a bit more friction area in circumference as the rotor turns. The science is sound. Bigger rotor equals more stopping power via surface area and if I’m not mistaken the actual physics of having the pressure points further out in the rotating mass is more efficient too.

Like someone else said, I’m kinda willing to try anything at this point to improve the brakes....

#11 ·
#13 ·
I just pulled up the PDF specs for my XRS I had forgotten I had saved...same stock measurements mentioned above.

Regarding the lack of difference in the front/rear Streamline specs: I’m guessing the 270mm would fit the rear with the appropriate caliper placement....I mean there is definitely the same amount of space inside the wheel right? I would guess the difference in the front/rear kits is probably with the caliper brackets. At a minimum they sit in different locations on the respective knuckles....

#23 ·
I got the golfer pads yesterday and the big brake kit for the front earlier in the week. I won't be able to put them on until next week so it could be a little bit before i can give a report...

What about the rotor size in comparison, any way to tell is it bigger? Tim

#29 ·
I race a lot my xrc in rally races, ebc brakes pads are the best imo, the do not ruin your rotors like ceramic ones and last a lot, if you don't mind the squeaking noice every time you brake, they are really good, the original ones overheat too fast..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

#36 ·
I missed the post title and first post because I was researching the streamline oversized rotors on Google and linked over to this post. I read back through the post backwards but I guess I didn't make it all the way to the top. I ordered front and rear rotor kit from streamline. After seeing your question and referencing the first post, I'll try the pads if I'm not satisfied with the rotors or after my pads wear out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

#41 ·
I just installed the Galfer pads all around and went with the Motul 660 fluid to see if I can get a little more braking. I will go with the Galfer rotors if this does not help.

I will review after a few rides.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.