Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

Registered
Back in the spring I cancelled my order for a Maverick Sport and waited for the 2022 Commander to be released and reorder a new CommanderXT.

I believe this site has far more info related to my Commander than the Can-Am Commander forum, even BRP promotes the Commanders with with the Maverick Trail/Sport.

YOUR THOUGHTS?

View attachment 271851
welcome. did you think your post would stir up the hornets nest like that? 馃榿 and to add my 2 cents, i agree the sport / sport max / trail / commander are all basically the same machine.

Registered
2022 Can Am Commander
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
welcome. did you think your post would stir up the hornets nest like that? 馃榿 and to add my 2 cents, i agree the sport / sport max / trail / commander are all basically the same machine.
There is no way I thought my original post would create so much discussion, just thought as a G2 Commander owner the Trail & Sport has more to offer me than other options !

Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
There is no way I thought my original post would create so much discussion, just thought as a G2 Commander owner the Trail & Sport has more to offer me than other options !
I can suggest some subjects you can post of you like. They will go on for pages and days haha...

Administrator
Some questions...

Did you post a thread on that undisclosed Commander site requesting a new section be added? If so, any response? Is it the main "Gen1" Commander site that was created prior to the 2011 release? Can you PM me the site link to verify which one it is?

Your first hand experience...this Gen2 Commander really is that far removed from the OG Gen1 and is "a great deal more" like the Trail/Sport?

After our MOTM poll (15th), we could put up 2 identical polls in Trail/Sport for a couple weeks, then merge the 2 threads together....this would give us all comments in a single thread to decide with.

Is this agreeable to the interested Sport/Trail owners??

Registered
G2 Commander is not even remotely close to the G1.

The G2 really is just a Sport with a box on the back.

More alike than different for sure.

Registered

After our MOTM poll (15th), we could put up 2 identical polls in Trail/Sport for a couple weeks, then merge the 2 threads together....this would give us all comments in a single thread to decide with.

(y)
Example: On the Polaris General Forum people have to learn to specify which model they have when asking certain questions. Base/Deluxe/XP etc. They share a ton of parts but each has some particulars that set it apart... stereo, a-arms etc.

Registered
2022 Can Am Commander
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Some questions...

Did you post a thread on that undisclosed Commander site requesting a new section be added? If so, any response? Is it the main "Gen1" Commander site that was created prior to the 2011 release? Can you PM me the site link to verify which one it is?
No I did not place a post on another site, just felt the Trail/Sport sites had more in common.

Reactions: LBR

Premium Member
Some questions...

Your first hand experience...this Gen2 Commander really is that far removed from the OG Gen1 and is "a great deal more" like the Trail/Sport?

Nice move, Lance!

Administrator
Nice move, Lance!

I personally am at a loss not knowing much about this Gen2 Commander, and am going to let the owners/membership steer this ship. As Cheeto stated in post #11, more discussion was requested for combining Sport/Trail forums, but nothing productive resulted.

For the Polls, we can set up for voting the Sport and Trail forums to be combined and to include the Commander Gen2 also. This thread is helping immensely too, so thanx to all.

Registered
It's not that big of deal on the end.

I'm fine with whatever is decided either way.

Registered
I just traded my 2018 X3 DS Turbo R and Honda Pioneer 700 for a G2 Commander XT-P.
I was disappointed when I started looking through the forum and found no section.
This machine is a perfect cross between my two machines, I kept the shocks and the dump bed. I am going to miss my acceleration though.

Registered
2022 Can Am Commander
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Well, Can Am seems content to combine them. This is the 2022 specs/accessories catalog. 馃か馃榿馃榿
That is catalog cover photo I included in my original post. Currentley there is no revlent online forum for the G2 Commander and I felt that the Maverick Sport forum was my best option.

Reactions: MO_Hacker

Registered
2020 MavS Xrc
Since majority of topic comments in 11 days support subforum consolidation, seems enough time for those whom are active here to express an opinion. So, I propose proceeding with that (subject to admin agreement) sorted in chron order by last post date as previously mentioned. I also suggest naming the combined subforum in model variant order as released by BRP, i.e.,
"Trail/Sport/Commander (Gen2)".

21 - 40 of 49 Posts