Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Can Am Commander
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in the spring I cancelled my order for a Maverick Sport and waited for the 2022 Commander to be released and reorder a new CommanderXT.

I believe this site has far more info related to my Commander than the Can-Am Commander forum, even BRP promotes the Commanders with with the Maverick Trail/Sport.

YOUR THOUGHTS?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Poster Plant Tree

·
Premium Member
8,215 Posts
I think it's fine.

If enough guys come in here i bet LBR would give you your own area.

Obviously something's are universal to most SXS's.

Either way welcome from Surprise Arizona.

Tim

Reactions: Fundy

·
Registered
236 Posts
It's a sport with a box and better clutching for trail.

I'm really tempted to cancel my 22 X3 XDS Max for a new commander max XTP to have more utility usage.

Diving my mom's Mav sport max I'm not sure I can do without the power.

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
480 Posts
It's a sport with a box and better clutching for trail.

I'm really tempted to cancel my 22 X3 XDS Max for a new commander max XTP to have more utility usage.

Diving my mom's Mav sport max I'm not sure I can do without the power.

As the owner of a Mav Sport Max, don’t do it. Lol, or buy mine and I’ll go get the X3

·
Registered
480 Posts
Haha just left the dealer.. switched to a 2022 XRS smart shox rr.

The back seats are hard to get out of tho.

Someone didn't take their 21 but the 22 has too many updates to pass up.

You got more patience than I do, I’d be rocking that ‘21.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's a sport with a box and better clutching for trail....
THIS!
Unfortunately this Forum has the Trail and Sport separated when they should be combined and people learn to specify which they have when asking questions The 2 have more in common than there are differences. Don't even get me started on how convoluted things are for a Sport XRC owner here. 🤪

·
Registered
92 Posts
Quote from the Admin on the link DirtDawg provided above.
The Trail and Sport forums can be combined at any time, or left individually as at present. The most important thing is to discuss it amoungst yourselves, the owners, for admin's directive.

Perhaps now is a good time to discuss this again considering the New Commander is based on the Mav Sport. I didn't see a productive pros/cons discussion in that link.

·
Registered
2020 MavS Xrc
1,166 Posts
^^^ Having owned both Trail and Sport models, I agree now same as back then. Much more in common than different with many parts shared across the entire platform. More user feedback is needed to achieve consensus before doing so. If then, hopefully all posts in each forum would be merged in chronological order by last post date on each topic.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
2,024 Posts
I actually find it not so good sometimes to even have separate areas for 2 seat and Max models.

A lot of stuff makes it into the Max section that is still 100% relevant to 2 seat models. Or vice-versa.

But either way, not the hugest deal.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think a few of the sub-forums could be joined or maybe even just re-labeled. For example: Maverick XMR, of the first 4 posts at the moment. (2) are X3 XMR, (1) is Sport XMR, (1) OG XMR. and I see lots of confusion in answers and questions because people are talking about different machine platforms.
One problem I could see happening with joining Trail and Sport and adding Commander to one spot, is that people will end up getting the wrong answers as some people are oblivious to the platform change from 2020 to 2021 Commanders.

·
Registered
236 Posts
What the forums should have is a general discussion between similar machines.

X3 General
MAV/ Commander general
Defender general

Then we can use the specific sub forms for commander max or X3 XRC or Defender 6x6 etc..

The commander has just as much in common as a mav trail or sport.. heck it's more similar than a base X3 and X3 XRS

1 - 20 of 49 Posts