Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1)if you plan on adding a subwoofer the SSV sub must be modified(cut and reglassed) to accommodate the hose behind the glovebox.

2)the cockpit is VERY loud due to the mid engine setup and the snorkels.
its the loudest machine ive ever ridden in by far
I don't know how to resolve this short of wearing a helmet or some Bose headsets

3)the cockpit gets Very hot from the snorkels being routed in the cockpit.
this is great on a chilly night but not so great during a hot Florida summer.
I will be taking a half windshield with me for day riding and a full windshield for night riding.

4)there is no space under the drivers seat for a secondary battery due to the onboard air compressor being installed from the factory at that location.

5)the dust pours in on this machine from behind with a full windshield installed.
this is due of course in part to the windshield but the tires and lack of fender flares are exacerbating the problem.
im hoping these 3 things will help me solve the problem...
A)I have the windscreen on order
B)im patiently waiting for can ams fender flares(seriously $21,499.00 msrp on a mudder and I have to "purchase" fender flares?)
C)run a half windshield whenever possible to flow more air

ill add to this as I come across other items

feel free to add anything you may encounter as we move forward

this is not a bashing thread it is solely intended for education and sharing.

thanks,mark

·
Registered
806 Posts
The rear windscreen will elliminate the dust issue. Noise wise, your screwed. People have wrapped exhaust and layered plastic peices with insullation and claim that it has helped. One peice of advice, if you wrap your exhaust and go through water, make sure you ride long enough to dry the header wrap so you don't rust out your pipes. I just installed a stereo and said **** it. Good luck. By the way, that is horse shit that it didn't come with flares.

Reactions: Hunting721

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
The rear windscreen will elliminate the dust issue. Noise wise, your screwed. People have wrapped exhaust and layered plastic peices with insullation and claim that it has helped. One peice of advice, if you wrap your exhaust and go through water, make sure you ride long enough to dry the header wrap so you don't rust out your pipes. I just installed a stereo and said **** it. Good luck. By the way, that is horse shit that it didn't come with flares.
one good thing is the section of pipes that run along the sides of cvt case and motor are double wall tubing so atleast u will rust thru the 1st layer b4 the main pipe, lol

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no header wrap for me
I would ceramic coat it before I did that

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
consider putting on a bedliner as well. It will help with the exhaust heat/noise along with some of the dust....

·
Registered
58 Posts
My biggest complaint is the width they are advertised being 64" but it is not.....I measured 69 inch and the owners manuall states it is 67.9 eitherway thats alot more than 64 not a problem for most people but where I ride there is width restrictions trying to work out the problem with BRP. They still havent changed there ad yet still says 64".Rims and tires will fix the problem everything else is the same as a regular maverick

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heavy,
Are you referring to can ams bedliner(which is dramatically overpriced)
Or making one?
Or is their an aftermarket solution?

·
Registered
88 Posts
im really thinking about getting my exhaust jet hott coated before I go play. I have 2.1 miles on mine I found out that the passenger side seat want latch down so off to the dealer 2marrow. im going to ask about air compressor leak recall.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Woody that would be awsome for a copy of that recall. Can you email it to me please sir

·
Registered
88 Posts
Vquad did you get my pm with my number attached to it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
negative shep...but I did post the pic you wanted in the MR picture thread

Reactions: shepdogg

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
woody,
mine goes to the shop tomorrow I would like a copy of that as well

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thank you

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im having the same problems with the ACS as you Woody but my car isn't in the warranty vin #'s?????

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well I would spray soapy water on the air lines and fittings to check for leaks then contact your dealer should be under warranty eitherway I would think.
They also said the airline behind the seat was leaking.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I would purchase sound deadening material like Hushmat,Stinger road kill or Dynamat not cheap but it works really well the Hushmat works the best as it has less filler and is thinner. apply that to the underside of the panels.it works as I use it.however it does add weight if your a LB's freak like others

1 - 20 of 24 Posts