Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a full muzzy from VF John for sale 800.00.. 200 for digituner.. might neigotiate.. 20 hours on it.. shipping depends on where you live ..the wife hates it. she thinks its to loud cause it doesn't sound lke my outty 1000 muzzy

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Why not install the quiet cores?

·
Registered
468 Posts
What are the settings that Vforce John recommends for the maverick on the Digitune ?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
What are the settings that Vforce John recommends for the maverick on the Digitune ?
I don't know. I believe it comes pre adjusted.
That's a great price. VFJohn sells it for $950 & $225, for that black cans. $50 less for polished alum cans

·
Registered
468 Posts
I don't know. I believe it comes pre adjusted.
That's a great price. VFJohn sells it for $950 & $225, for that black cans. $50 less for polished alum cans
Yea they do come pre adjusted but I read that Muzzy sets them fairly rich

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Guys, this is a really good price. Digi-tune is pre-tuned by VFJohn. I just spoke with VFJ on Friday to verify he changes Muzzy's adjustments to his settings for a better tune. I have had a couple different mechanic's verify the performance gains are about 8 or 9 HP. It's not quite the 11% muzzy claims but it is supposed to be seat of the pants noticeable.

·
Registered
161 Posts
That's a good price if you won't a Muzzy's but they kind of turned some people off here with there lame dyno chart they posted.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That's a good price if you won't a Muzzy's but they kind of turned some people off here with there lame dyno chart they posted.
I'd say those people need to get over it, if they want the performance.
They can post that stuff all day long and there will still be people that don't believe it and always want more proof.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I am not sure what you mean " need to get over it" this is the company that makes the damn thing and we should not believe there own dyno chart?
If you dont believe them then ask other people that you do trust.
Thats what I did. At some point, you have to believe someone. You can always distrust a dyno or anyone's claim until you drive it and know for yourself. That's my point. I have had 2 other Muzzy's on other SxS and I loved them. This one is no difference. Fits like a glove,Sounds Awesome and saves 28lbs. The person I trusted dyno'd it and it showed 8 to 9hp gain. Thats lower than the 10% Muzzy claims but its good enough for me. And it gets rid of the that POS cat converter.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Hunter will be at least the third person to independently test the muzzy exhaust. Mr rpm only saw 1 hp gain over stock i believe so we will see what another dyno says

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I will run it down the street tonight to see how it does.However, I also have new clutches installed. I have not installed my digi-tune yet and it seems like it rev's a little better. Like it breathes better because no cat converter. I understand everyone needs to feel good about doing something that pricey

·
Registered
161 Posts
I feel good about having my cat and resonators taken out for 175.00, And yes I can feel a difference. If there had been a dyno near buy I would have used it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts