Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I've seen a few popo's running that style ( fold down type ) and it rubbed the plastic pretty good while resting on the hood of buggy. For 425. I like some feedback from folks using this.

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm in PA and it seems like it's cold more than it's warm here anymore so I put a piece of weather stripping between my windshield and roof then drilled a hole in the center and put a bolt through it to hold it all right together. With that setup plus doors and rear windshield I get almost no are in the cab. It keeps me nice and warm all the time... Mine is the 2013 so there is no heat tape anywhere so it's extra toasty inside.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am mostly interested in the folding type windshield because I would like the ability to open it if it gets to dirty. Hard to clean a polycarbonate windshield out on the trail without scratching it. The other folding one that I saw that might be an option is the Koplin. It does not really fold as much as just open up a bit. The price is up there.

Full Tilting Windshield - Can Am Maverick - Kolpin Powersports

·
Registered
252 Posts
I am mostly interested in the folding type windshield because I would like the ability to open it if it gets to dirty. Hard to clean a polycarbonate windshield out on the trail without scratching it. The other folding one that I saw that might be an option is the Koplin. It does not really fold as much as just open up a bit. The price is up there.

Full Tilting Windshield - Can Am Maverick - Kolpin Powersports
I carry a spray bottle of windshield wiper fluid (water will freeze) and a squeegee like the ones gas stations use (I actually stole mine from a gas station a few years ago "on accident") and it's held up really well to scratches using those two things.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Not trying to persuade you one way or the other just saying that's how I do it. The reason I didn't do a folding windshield is because they don't fit under a roof because then they wouldn't fold and I wanted mine to be air tight so it would be warm. Something to think about.

Reactions: RTB

·
Registered
52 Posts
The kolpin and UTV roof fit nicely together on my commander. I assume it will on the mav also. This is the set up I think Im going with.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Do you find the full windshield makes it much louder in the cab?
Idk I only had the mav on one ride before I put the roof and windshield on it now is over 1,000 miles so I don't remember what it was like without ha

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know where the cheapest place to buy the Koplin tilt out shield at? Commander ones are $320 but they still want nearly $500 for the maverick ones!

·
Vendor
1,767 Posts
EMP makes great stuff. Kolpin does as well and I sell both. With that being said, id personally go with EMP. I just like there setup much better. They make some great stuff. If you need a price let me know or just PM me your zipcode so i can get a shipping quote - JT

·
Registered
477 Posts
I,m running the can am / koplin. And after two hundred miles in the woods it's scratched to hell and back. By a thousand miles I won't be able to see outa it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
MN Mav, man up sir. We Minnesotans don't need no stinking windshield. We ride in below zero temps in speedo's!!!!!!! Cold is a state of mind. ;)

·
Registered
252 Posts
I,m running the can am / koplin. And after two hundred miles in the woods it's scratched to hell and back. By a thousand miles I won't be able to see outa it.
I have 1,000 miles on my EMP hard coated and it's still barley scratched and it's been to hell and back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Suggestion

With winter on the way I am going to be needing a full windshield. Anyone already running a full windshield? I like the look of this fold down one from EMP:

Can Am Maverick Fold Down Windshield - www.sbsparts.com
Well I am going to suggest this for those of you who are cheap like me:/.. Here is a full tilting windshield..
I have no special interests - other than knowing how well it works and if it will scratch up the hood.
Cheers
Can Am Maverick Full w Tilt Windshield Made in America Free Shipping | eBay

1 - 20 of 22 Posts