Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hey Wicked, I have a question for you. Installed my sport low on my standard Mav. last night. (NICE JOB-VERY EASY & NEAT) I noticed that when I shift it down to low I still have the option with my rocker switch to take it in or out of sport mode in Low range just like I can do in High range. Green light comes on when rocker switch is activated, which seems normal. But my question is my gear ind. in low range is still showing H on my speedo. I checked at 10mph in low and high in the driveway and there is 800 rpm's different between the high and low modes. Is the standard model different from the XRS model in the wiring for the sport low? Bottom line, can't get rid of the H in Low range. Also, anybody tried while in gear and at idle flipping the sport mode on and off. Is it suppose to drop from 1550 RPM to 1250 to 1300 RPM when taking it out of sport mode? Is that where it retards the timing and the 30% power reduction comes in. Thanks for any Info.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Yes that's correct low will now read as high. No way to get around that as it's a bused message from the ecu. So the ecu has to link it's in high for full power while the gear box is in low

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Yes the switch will still work allows you too drop power

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Glad you are happy with it

·
Registered
725 Posts
So the switchless just uses the factory switch and can be turned off, or is it a permanent in low ?

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
You can still use the eco switch

101 - 111 of 111 Posts