Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the fuel pump. Not the whole assembly in the gas tank, just the small pump.

Anyone have a part number source for a 2019 Maverick Sport 1000R?

I need an aftermarket $70 unit, not the $200+ CanAm assembly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I need to replace the fuel pump. Not the whole assembly in the gas tank, just the small pump.

Anyone have a part number source for a 2019 Maverick Sport 1000R?

I need an aftermarket $70 unit, not the $200+ CanAm assembly.
THANKS! Fasrnu, for posting this detailed procedure. Especially the photos. I ordered the same identical AEM pump (P/N from your photo), installed it and helped solve a problem I've been dealing with since February. (X3 forum, "Under the Knife" thread).

I needed to replace the factory 10 amp fuel pump fuse with a 15 amp. No worries since a former CanAm tech told me the harness would take 30 amp.
My machine is a Maverick Sport 1000R Max, no turbo, but the pumps are the same, plug and play. Nice to have a pump rated for E85, ethanol, methanol, whatever, since my problem may well have begun with ethanol separated gas. No, I didn't want to buy the entire factory fuel tank unit, including the quantity sender, for more $$$.

See the " check engine light, bad gas?" thread. Final fix was the new fuel pump and cleaning/greasing all the harness connectors on the engine. Especially the MAF connector.

Thanks again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts