Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one running one? I had a power programmer on my sportsman and it worked great. Is there anything available for the maverick?

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Dobeck does make a fuel controller for the Maverick. We recently tested our first one from them and built a base map to match our slip-on exhaust system we are developing. The fuel controllers have the cruise circuit disabled to allow the oxygen sensors to continue doing their thing. We are also going to be testing the new AFR plus module from Dobeck on the Maverick which will allow for a completely self tuning setup.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Bump. Thinking about getting the AFR+ now that I have albas exhaust and an intake. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I can tell right off the bat it looks complicated.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I can tell right off the bat it looks complicated.
I used the TM on my Outty, even though it looks kinda overwhelming at first, it's not.
The auto tune feature is super easy.
Just start the auto tune cycle, drive around at various Rpms and the FM does the tuning for you.
You can run 4 different stages of AT, stage one does the biggest changes in the fuel map, the remaining three stages do less and less changes, basically fine tuning each cell.
Once done, click burn and be done.... Super simple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'm talking their fuel tuner, not the complete ecu.
Fuel Monster=Fuel Tuner
Tune Monster=ECU
The FM is waaay cheaper than a full ecu, way easier to use, and install. You can combine my reflash with the FM and have a good inexpensive setup.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Fuel Monster=Fuel Tuner
Tune Monster=ECU
The FM is waaay cheaper than a full ecu, way easier to use, and install. You can combine my reflash with the FM and have a good inexpensive setup.
Do you recommend the single or dual autotune?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Let me look at it again.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Fuel Monster=Fuel Tuner
Tune Monster=ECU
Greg, I know he was talking about the FM and not the TM.
The fuel tables and the auto tune is IMHO identical in FM and TM, that's why I commented on it.
It just looks much more complicated than what it really is, at least the fuel mapping...all the additional options in the TM is a different story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
103 Posts
Everyone is spending 2k on the clutches, so what is 1700 for the monster ECU? I would really like to have that but want to hear from others how good it works. I will eventually purchase it. It looks like it will be the best aftermarket part anyone could buy for the Maverick. I am looking forward to hearing reviews from people that purchased and installed it on a Maverick.

Monster Products :: The Masters of Off Road Fuel Injections

1 - 17 of 17 Posts