Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there running a fuel additive along with 91 octane in their Mav? If so, what are you using and what are the results? What octane will it boost to from 91?

I work pretty close to Beverly Hills and there is a gas station their that sells VP 100 octane fuel @ 8 big ones a gallon.

Thinking of picking up a few gallons for my ride next weekend.

Has anyone noticed any significant performance difference either running 91 w/ fuel additives and/or 100 octane fuel?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
u do not need to run anything over 91 octane , do a search tons of threads about it

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
u do not need to run anything over 91 octane , do a search tons of threads about it
Same here mine runs great on 91oct I really don't think the higher oct will make much if any gains unless the machine is modded and tuned for the higher oct fuel IMO

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
u will not gain from much more octane , u will start to lose power , - only benefit from higher octane is it can keep pistons cooler , but our ECU programming is set to run off of 91 octane , 95 ron which in Canada is us its 91 octane !

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
The ticket would be to run 91 octane gasoline instead of the corn liquor concoction they force on us in good ol' California.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I add a little 110 to the 91 I run in mine - just cause I have it.
I'll probably just drop back to running the 91 once I use up all my 110.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I use Seafoam in mine but it's not an octane booster

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
100 octane made mine run worse then 91 so don't do it. I tried it when my rpms where all over the place and 100 amplified it..

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I wouldn't do it. What ever small gain you think you'll get won't be worth it. These can-ams have to many gadgets to control everything, so I don't think it will do anything except hurt it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts