Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to go for a ride a week ago and my seat is frozen solid, like sitting on a board. The passenger side is fine. anyone else have this problem? the drains on the bottom are clear. Talked to the dealer they said try drying it out and drill another drain hole. I did put it in the house for a few days, then put it back in the mav. Two days later froze solid again. wtf???? Any ideas

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have it in front of the pellet stove. I actually took it apart, the foam cushion is wringing wet, lots and lots of water. I am not sure how to prevent this from occurring again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I try to wear depends when on this thing. should really be required riding gear. lol. dried out nicely now. not sure why it happened tho.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Better put the Scotchguard to it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we did have a really really wet ride. one side has a rub thru hole in it. I don't know what's rubbing but it is. hmmmm scotchguard..........

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Driver side seat gets rub wear from rubbing plastic. Have dealer replace your seat or have them trim back the plastic some. Been waiting for mine to get replaced.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
The seat will rub the plastic when you are sitting in the seat . Trim the plastic back until it won't. Rub when sitting in the bike . I had to do this to my commander for the same problem.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Mine was. Just got it done and home yesterday. Your 2 yr shouldn't have anything to do with it. Can-am knows of the problem. Might be wrong but I think the dealers got a bulletin about it and said to trim back the plastic. Now that's what my dealer said to me.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Does the seat rub the plastics on the door side or center console side?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Door side. Just has mine replaced free of charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
Get your seats out of the snow and they won't freeze :crazy: hacked lol

Sorry my chick is dumb and felt like posting from the iPad while I was gone

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
It has been below freezing here for almost a month and my seats are nice an soft......I have never submerged my Mav but i do use a power washer when I wash them down.....I wonder if your drains are getting clogged with dirt and not allowing the water to drain out???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts