Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just recently noticed that while driving on paved roads my LF tire and wheel wobble slightly while driving so I had my wife drive and observed from the passenger seat same thing on the right front is this normal,I've always had my side nets on until now and I guess now I look at the tires more anyone noticed theirs doing this and yes these are the xrs beadlocks.help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
It could just be the tires but I'll say the hubs aren't the strongest parts. I've put a couple on mine although mine lives a little more difficult life than others

·
Registered
459 Posts
Prolly those junk ass tie rods.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A. Reed, so this is what happened I was riding in deep snow a week ago and hit a big rock with my left front tire I think I just glanced off of it but ever sense that I've been worried I thought I might've bent my wheel because I could see a slight wobble on the left front so I moved my left front tire to my right front and vice versa and the left front is still wobbling slightly but I look at the right front from the passenger side and it does the same any ideas

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Slack in your steering rack maybe. Mine did that. Had to replace steering rack. Hopefully it's something else!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Reactions: AReed and Driller77

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Let me also say that I run 32 inch tires and have a lifted machine. Those two factors have a lot to do with why my rack gave out so fast.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I doubt it's the rack I only have 200 miles and 17 hours on the machine of mostly trail riding

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
A. Reed, so this is what happened I was riding in deep snow a week ago and hit a big rock with my left front tire I think I just glanced off of it but ever sense that I've been worried I thought I might've bent my wheel because I could see a slight wobble on the left front so I moved my left front tire to my right front and vice versa and the left front is still wobbling slightly but I look at the right front from the passenger side and it does the same any ideas

If the brakes feel the same is probably the wheel, if you can feel a difference in the brakes like it takes more pedal travel to engage the brakes you probably bent the hub. Bending the hub isn't a big deal and it's a pretty easy fix. Also it's a good bit less than the cost of a wheel.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wheel weights,I think I may be missing some front weights it seems like I had one front and one rear tire balanced before but now that I looked at the front tires I noticed I don't have weights on either front tire now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts