Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
I wonder whats going on with the knuckles? I haven't heard of any issues...

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
A friend of mine had a arm problem and the bolt fell out and dropped the arm. Kind of weird then after it was fixed it would snap off the Axle shaft on the front driver side real easy just by going over a hill and Gassing it to unload the front end. So the shop replaced it multiple times and Can Am was being hard headed about fixing it right like usual. So he had his Lawyer fire off a demand letter saying if they don't fix it right he is going to take them to Court under Lemon Law buy Back. Well after a few back and forth Letters CanAM decided to replace everything up front. and that Fixed it. We kept telling the Service dept that we thought it was a bent spindle and they would only replace what can am said to replace. Well guess what Im sure it was a Bent Spindle.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
wow I always wondered what the heck was up with that poor mav, looks like we will never know ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
So I got my maverick back but the new stud and nut and screw kit in the clutch and they checked my knuckle said mine actually had the good knockle even though mine had the recall so they torqued it down to spec also had the break in service done said everything was great valves was good and they charged me nothing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
[

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
dropped mine off today for knuckle and clutch bolt recall,It is a front steering knuckle,bearing and seal.
They claimed the knuckle for mine was the only one available in the country

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
did you happen to get the recall number for the knuckle?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks...I didn't read down far enough...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well called dealer in Mesa, AZ gave them the 2014-1 number asked them to look into the recall for front knuckle recall called back said no such recall hum??????

·
Registered
355 Posts
We are finishing up development on 4130 machined race spindles. We have been working on these for a year now. We see a lot of Maverick spindles breaking but not nearly as many as the Commander.

Adam

21 - 32 of 32 Posts