Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a little bit of moisture around the front differential. BRP is telling my dealer a little bit of seepage is normal, and they will fix it on warranty but only one time.

i'm curious if others have run into this.

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
what year x3? Where’s the seapage? Mating surface, seal??? Ring gear bolts upgraded and torqued properly? The ring gear bolts are known to back out and wear a hole in the diff from inside out or push a bolt through it and ruin your day.

BRP/ warranty wont do anything until its a bigger issue and they you will fight for weeks and weeks. Better to pull diff, install Torque Master kit and reseal yourself before something ruins your fun time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2019 max ds

Dealer is willing to fix it now, but BRP is saying its normal, and they wont fix it a second time.

mega, I know you are anti-dealer. In fact I hate my dealers svc dept, a bunch of a$$holes. I've learned a ton since I got my machine, but time, $, and the fact that I fix hernias, not engines, all make it a struggle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The seepage appears around the seal where the drivetrain goes into the differential. It is minimal now, but it's still under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts