Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 XRS DPS and on a ride in Tenn this weekend coming out of a steep mud hole I had my left front tire off the ground and when my visco was trying to engage it was making a god awful ratcheting sound and was not locking correctly. Upon further inspection back at base I found fluid running out of the rear of the diff around the driveshaft yoke. We had been running in the rocks at Tackett most of the day and I had no problems and no such sounds, I am assuming the diff is smoked and I am wondering what the best option for replacement is. Any help will be greatly greatly appreciated!!

·
Vendor
598 Posts
Check this out... SwifTrac Diff - Complete Diff

No more visco-loc slip. Its a Hilliard style diff that engages immediately when needed, and unlocked when not. Plus, it allows your wheels to spin at different speeds while turning, so you're not fighting the steering like you would on a fully locked system. Its a pretty sweet unity that's completely assembled. You just have to bolt it up, and oil, and go.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That might be a bit fancy for my old maverick!! Will an X3 or Defender diff fit?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts