Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any kits available to add cupholders to the front dashboard? I feel like im going to tear a rotator cuff trying to reach for my beverage.

Reactions: NotSure123 and sTa

·
Registered
668 Posts
True talk my friend the location blows donkey balls. You have to reach back to get a drank and then the sob is hot in 2 mins due to the motor.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
True talk my friend the location blows donkey balls. You have to reach back to get a drank and then the sob is hot in 2 mins due to the motor.
No heat if you insulate the underside with heat shield. I also put a piece of 1/8" neoprene rubber on the inside. My drinks stay cold for a long time. However, this doesnt fix the shoulder bending issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
No heat if you insulate the underside with heat shield. I also put a piece of 1/8" neoprene rubber on the inside. My drinks stay cold for a long time. However, this doesnt fix the shoulder bending issue.
What kind brand of heat insulation did you use? that looks to have worked nicely

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
What kind brand of heat insulation did you use? that looks to have worked nicely
I copied what desertdog did and it worked great.....here are a few pics of what I did. The key is putting in a foam pad into the bottom of the cup holder. Because you have 4 drain holes on the bottom of the cup holder that you don't want to insulate over or your cup holders can't drain. So I made a tab on my insert so it can be easily removed when needed but it blocks the hot air from coming back up thru the 4 drain holes when riding.

Metal Arm Fictional character Carmine Shoe Fictional character Helmet War machine Personal protective equipment Superhero

·
Registered
371 Posts
I was wondering where you found the thinner insulation. I found some thicker stuff but it won't lay and conform to the panels shape as good.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yupp

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Outstanding, I'm gonna insulate mine too, I actually have some of the heatshield already. This could be the most important mod for the Maverick yet.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
you will like it and then eventually forget how much it actually helps out because you won't think about the heat anymore....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts