Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody heard of a vendor working on a front bench seat? I have an email into twisted stitch to see about them, will let you know what they say.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Twisted Stitch said that they have a four seat in there right now and on it the battery is mounted between the two front seats and they do not believe they will be able to make a bench for the front, but thought they would get a two seater in to check for sure. Also they said that they could probably do one in the rear of the max, but some of the console would have to be cut out.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Ahhh.. not happening.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wtf are you talking about? THE MOTOR IS BETWEEN THE SEATS!!!! If you are talking about the Max and a bench in the rear then yes it would be possible, but you will have to cut and hack the rear center console.
here is the email they sent me, this was in referrence to me asking if they were going to build a front bench seat for the maverick like they did with the rzr.....

"I don't know. I have a 4 seater here right now and the plastic console runs between the seats and houses a battery making it almost impossible to mount a bench. I will have to get a two seater back in here and take a look at it."

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
here is the email they sent me, this was in referrence to me asking if they were going to build a front bench seat for the maverick like they did with the rzr.....

"I don't know. I have a 4 seater here right now and the plastic console runs between the seats and houses a battery making it almost impossible to mount a bench. I will have to get a two seater back in here and take a look at it."
you obviously dont own a Maverick. The engine is between the seats unlike the Rzr which is behind the seats. You can put a seat there but it will cost tons of money and look like hammered asshole(my opinion). Just take a look at the mav and the rzr and you will see the differences.

not sure about their reference to a battery being in the way, because it is behind the seats just above the exhaust.

not arguing at all, just pointing out the mav is mid engined and you cannot make a bench seat in the middle.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
you obviously dont own a Maverick. The engine is between the seats unlike the Rzr which is behind the seats. You can put a seat there but it will cost tons of money and look like hammered asshole(my opinion). Just take a look at the mav and the rzr and you will see the differences.

not sure about their reference to a battery being in the way, because it is behind the seats just above the exhaust.

not arguing at all, just pointing out the mav is mid engined and you cannot make a bench seat in the middle.[/QUOTE

I think setting in the middle would hammer anyone's asshole lol....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your right I don't own one yet, I am just trying to figure out a way to take the family, which includes my 5 yr old son and the wife without having to buy the 4 seat version. Once again I only passed on the info that was given to me by twisted stitch. We just got a canam dealer in town a month or so ago so I have only seen the maverick twice so far, which is why I am relying on the forum to help me out. I am rotax fan, have three different ds650's and one rhino. Trying to sell the one in my avatar and the rhino to get one of these. I am guessing the confusion on the motor is the fact they were looking at a 1000 max and not the 2 seat verison, maybe my original post wasn't clear enough on that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I caught alot of heat for suggesting a center seat on here as well. The bench style would never work for obvious reasons. However I don't see why you couldn't put in a raised middle one like utvgiant sells for the rzr's. As long as there isn't tons of heat coming up I think there is enough room for a childrens seat.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Theres alot of heat coming up. And I wouldn't strap my child in the center because they would sit way to high. Plus in the summer that center console will get hot enough to burn a child's legs unless u insulate the shit out of it. Not being smartass, just my 2 cents. If u need a 3 person side by side the 2 seater mav is probably not the best thing for u . Kinda like buyin a fighter jet to give scenic tours in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all, I will just have to wait for the short bus to arrive this summer and go that route. I just didn't want all the length if there was any way around it. I just wanted the fighter jet for myself when I am not giving scenic tours with the wife and son......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts