Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

I have a 2015 maverick 1000r 4 seater, my front axles keep breaking inside the diff. it seems to have to much travel for the axles. Is this a common issue and if so is there a way to fix the issue. Axles break at the tip before the c clip.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
350 Posts
its for my rental company, so people usually take them to the sand dunes. its completely stock
ive broken axles at the tip before with no lift kit, but that was from so very hard abuse. you may want to check and make sure the wheel bearings are good. ive seen where if they have some play will pull an axle out. the axles should not over extend at factory drop

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
My guess they're landing on the throttle in 4x4 tires are spinning at 70 mph and come to a sudden stop. And breaking them at the axles weak point I would be charging them if a customers breaks an axle .We charge our customers if they break them plus 85$ an hr to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
350 Posts
My guess they're landing on the throttle in 4x4 tires are spinning at 70 mph and come to a sudden stop. And breaking them at the axles weak point I would be charging them if a customers breaks an axle .We charge our customers if they break them plus 85$ an hr to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thats how i broke all mine, hill climbing where front end comes up and slams down

1 - 7 of 7 Posts