Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they the same width? I know some sxs have staggered width wheels. I just checked the parts diagrams and even though they are listed as separate diagram numbers 210b & 150b, the part number

is the same on both items. So I'm guessing they'll both match up?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, just making sure they can be rotated front to rear. On my other machine the wider rears wouldn't clear up front.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Wrong answer if pertains to MavS 60" class machines, which have same 6"x12" front wheels as does MavT at all four corners whereas MavS has 7.5" rear wheels. As part of changes to increase stability on my MavT, I installed MavS rear wheels (with wider tires). Review Can-Am's Tires and Rims catalog page for details and specifications including the specific MavS rear wheel.

·
Registered
343 Posts
So, same part number-same part is wrong? You may be correct that different models have different wheels. My answer was in regard to part numbers. Maybe the parts diagram is wrong.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Neither the OP nor you indicated which specific model you own, so my "assumption" was a 2019+ MavS 60" class variant since this subforum primarily discusses those. Looking at the Can-Am parts fiche for that model on RMATV's OEM catalog confirms the MavS rear wheel P/N is 705501853 which is what I bought from them and installed on my MavT 50" class machine. It would be helpful to avoid confusion if forum members create a signature line which includes the model(s) they own.

1581099833827.png

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry, pertaining specifically to the sport xrc which runs 14" wheels with the same tire all around (not the same case with the xmr or xxc which both run staggered width tires I'm pretty sure)

if your 1853 pn is the 7.5" wide wheel im curious what width the wheel is with the pn i posted.

it will make a big difference if these units can't run the rear wheels up front if someone is looking to buy a spare. then you'll need a narrower front wheel so it can be used in any position.

·
Registered
582 Posts
^^^ OK, with that now known, I went back to RMATV's online fiche for MavS X RC and confirmed the wheel P/N mentioned in your post #1 is correct. Next, went into my soft copy of repair and maintenance manual covering MavT and MavS variants and determined wheel width, Both of those shown in thumbnail images below (click for larger view). With same size tires F&R, makes sense wheels would be likewise...

Edited to add link to the mentioned soft copy maintenance & repair manuals. The seller has expanded the list for newer Maverick series models introduced since I bought mine. These are inexpensive, comprehensive and can be loaded onto multiple devices, i.e., not like typical software licenses which have restrictions on number of downloads. CanAm Manuals.com

1581112543014.png 1581112604518.png

·
Registered
92 Posts
That was a lot of research work, a picture is worth...the wheels/tires are the same all the way around on the 20 MavS XRC. Makes the spare a one size fits all too.
12A84F56-8F73-4F07-AC6E-CE4CEBB82569.jpeg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that's awesome thanks.

we should have a sticky with these random types of information. especially since there seems to be a lot of little differences across all the models.

the wildcats would run a 6in front and 8in rear. so you would have to buy 2 fronts or 4 new aftermarket 7in wheels.

can these machines run 8in wide wheels on the front?

·
Registered
92 Posts
The stock Liberty tires are 9”, SW-SW. HERE is a link to a guy running 33” tires with no modifications and doing some knarly rock climbing during a review.

·
Registered
54 Posts
that's awesome thanks.

we should have a sticky with these random types of information. especially since there seems to be a lot of little differences across all the models.

the wildcats would run a 6in front and 8in rear. so you would have to buy 2 fronts or 4 new aftermarket 7in wheels.

can these machines run 8in wide wheels on the front?
I am confused to what your questions really are. Yes the Mav Sport comes from the factory with 9” wide front tires and 11” wide rears
If you wanted a spare, you would want to go with another front sized tire.

Are you looking to upgrade from your wildcat?
And want to go with bigger tires?
All of the Mav Sports can run 10” wide X 32” high tires all four corners with no rubbing concerns.

Personally went with 10”x30” on our sport max and happy with the increased ground clearance from stock. Don’t know if I will go taller because of expense purchasing another set of wheels and tires (don’t want any taller sidewall that this), the performance of this set up fits our use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i wasn't talking about tires. and I'm picking up a sport xrc next week.

anything i was saying about my wildcat was just to show what my experiences were with those units because they ran different width wheels (rims) front and rear. the factory offset would not allow you to run the wider rear wheels (again not tires) on the front because the rim lip would rub the tie rod.

so basically the point of the thread was to figure out:

- do all the mavS run the same wheel front to rear? no they do not.

-which mavS, if any, has the ability to run the wide rear wheel on the front? can the 60 wide or 64 wide units do this?

- the xrc model had the same wheels front and rear, the xmr and xxc have the staggered wheels

this info would matter if someone was looking to buy takeoffs off someone's machine because theyd need to know what position they were going to use the wheel and what machine they came off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everybody!

In order to get the same tires all around, in maverick sport 1000 DPS, is a good idea to run the 4 tires 27x9x12?
What would be the maximum width?

Sorry for my bad english, and greetings from Canary Islands.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, Gearmsn! That’s what I want to do with my 2019 Sport Max, 10x30 all around. I have a set of 5 stock 14” rims. Stock tires are 9” front, 11” rear. Good to see I’ll have no clearance issues with 30”.

So, my understanding is that regardless of rim width I can run 10” tires on all 4? Did you have to change your clutch?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The stock Liberty tires are 9”, SW-SW. HERE is a link to a guy running 33” tires with no modifications and doing some knarly rock climbing during a review.
Does the RC model have upgraded clutching and springs or the same as a 1000R sport.
I was wondering because I have a normal 60" 1000R DPS and want to go with 30" tires.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks, Gearmsn! That’s what I want to do with my 2019 Sport Max, 10x30 all around. I have a set of 5 stock 14” rims. Stock tires are 9” front, 11” rear. Good to see I’ll have no clearance issues with 30”.

So, my understanding is that regardless of rim width I can run 10” tires on all 4? Did you have to change your clutch?
Does a max have different clutch then.?

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
582 Posts
This isn't a definitive reply, however...

These supplemental pages from the MavT/MavS variants manual indicates CVT spec differences between MavT/MavS 1000 vs MavS 1000R. Seems doubtful that the MavS XR C utilizes different components?

1581806974025.png 1581806763369.png

1 - 20 of 24 Posts