Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Maverick X3RC Turbo R
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday I installed the S3 front Gusset kit, S3 shock tower brace, HCR dual sport arms, Keller Ball Joints, and Sandcraft limit straps.
I wish I got more pics while installing but here is the mess I looked at after the tear down (I still hadn't removed the axles or front dif) and then some pics of the completed project.

Next weekend will be the XMX Radius rod backing, S3 Pull Plate, S3 High Clearance Radius Rods, and TLS. Hopefully that doesn't take nearly as long.
Automotive tire Automotive design Light Motor vehicle Engineering
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire
Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Hood Automotive tire Blue Bumper Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Blue Hood

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
At least you have a rack to put the car on to do the work. Nice job!

The rear section of the car is easier to work on. The radius rod plate will be the most time consuming and require some patience to get the lower plate into place. Not a lot of room to work with to get it in place. An extra set of hands would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
15,580 Posts
What's the red "speaker" looking things on the radiator? Whatever they are, you're blocking airflow.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yesterday I installed the S3 front Gusset kit, S3 shock tower brace, HCR dual sport arms, Keller Ball Joints, and Sandcraft limit straps.
I wish I got more pics while installing but here is the mess I looked at after the tear down (I still hadn't removed the axles or front dif) and then some pics of the completed project.
View attachment 279885 View attachment 279886 View attachment 279887 View attachment 279888 View attachment 279889 View attachment 279890
At least you have a rack to put the car on to do the work. Nice job!

The rear section of the car is easier to work on. The radius rod plate will be the most time consuming and require some patience to get the lower plate into place. Not a lot of room to work with to get it in place. An extra set of hands would be helpful.
It was nice to have the lift for sure, luckily a buddy who owns a body shop let me come by and use it. The rear end I'll just do in my garage, thanks for the heads up about having extra hands on deck!

·
Premium Member
15,580 Posts
Can you post how you mounted yours? I hadn't thought about remounting them since flipping my shocks and having more space back there. Also, yours still project well even being behind the radiator?
Not home now. I only have one. Law a bidding citizen for on road use, LOL. Projects good enough I guess. People hear it.

Reactions: lelando42

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why did you use sandcraft limit straps over any others. I am thinking about limit straps so would like input from others TIA
Ed the Suspension Guy had recommended them to me when I had picked up swift springs from him. I looked into Shock Therapy's, CA's, and Sandcrafts. Personally I liked the idea of the strap being secured to the frame more than to the shock body. I'd imagine without having a shock tower brace tied to the frame, you would run into issues with the Shock Therapy kit.
CA's kit I would need their tower, but I got a good deal on S3's and liked their design plus reviews.

Sandcraft's are a very simple install that maybe takes 30 minutes on the front. I haven't done the rears yet but that looks even more simple. I'm sure you can't go wrong with any of the options out there honestly.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I took my straps off after having Tom Morris from UTV Shocks do my shocks. I believe that shock overextension where the axle is yanked out of the gearbox is not an issue on these and the front hubs limit steering travel at full extension. Your RC will benefit from greater articulation if you’re in to that. My .02

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I took my straps off after having Tom Morris from UTV Shocks do my shocks. I believe that shock overextension where the axle is yanked out of the gearbox is not an issue on these and the front hubs limit steering travel at full extension. Your RC will benefit from greater articulation if you’re in to that. My .02
I love rock crawling, however I still mostly do trails.
The two reasons I did limit straps is
1. I hate the front end clunk
2. I fear the stiffer springs, 33-35" tires, 15" wheels, and heavier arms are too much for the shock to handle through whoops or jumps.
My straps should only take 1/2" of articulation away.
Did you notice much difference between running straps and not in the rocks?

·
Registered
382 Posts
It looks to me like the sandcraft rear limit straps have no way to adjust the length like the fronts do for stretch why not does anyone know & are all rear straps made this way TIA.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It looks to me like the sandcraft rear limit straps have no way to adjust the length like the fronts do for stretch why not does anyone know & are all rear straps made this way TIA.
They don't have adjustment, I plan on doing the install and seeing how I like the measurements. I mainly brought them for the front and am not 100% on running the rears yet

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got the XMX radius plate kit done
TLS done
And S3 high clearance radius rods all thrown on!
Went with the factory measurements on the rods and am hoping they're all aligned correctly, I'll pull it out tomorrow to measure and be sure
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Tread

Do you guys use locktite on the lock nut for the heim? I thought I'd heard of a few people having theirs loosen over time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts