Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20130112_170839.jpg 20130112_170745.jpg

Well, stripped down my Commander before selling it & getting my Maverick. So, I decided to see what actually fit. The Factory UTV harness bar & UTV inc roof bolted right on. The Blingstar doors on the other hand took a little fab work but nothing major. I can give the details if anyone is interested. I just prefer the higher doors like the Blingstars and have only seen the Pro Armor/BRP low cut doors out so far.

Started to install my gauges but found the block to be slightly different where I had my oil temp sender in my Commander - I'll have to figure out some sort of adapter but other than that, I've already saved about $1200 in accessories

Sorry about the pic quality, I used my phone.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
are the hoods the same will a commander windshield fit the maverick HALF windshield thx

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know for sure, I've read somewhere they are different, and looking at the body panels I think the windshields are going to be different.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The half windshield is different. U half to drill two lil holes in the hood to mount it then put the push pins thew the new tabs to secure the half windshield. I WOULD POST A PICT BY MAVERICK IS AT TRINITY RACING GETTING SOME WORK DONE. ILL POST SOME PICTS AFTER THE PHOTO SHOOT.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't wait. I like it when these engine/racing companies work on the new rides = new go fast parts.

Here's a little better pic of mine when I dropped it off at Factory UTV.
Maverick pics 001.jpg

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
The half windshield is different. U half to drill two lil holes in the hood to mount it then put the push pins thew the new tabs to secure the half windshield. I WOULD POST A PICT BY MAVERICK IS AT TRINITY RACING GETTING SOME WORK DONE. ILL POST SOME PICTS AFTER THE PHOTO SHOOT.

how do u like it does it keep the wind off your face and the dust does not come in from behind you ?

does it bounce rattle vibrate around alot or seem pretty sturdy and solid and worth the 229 there asking ?

thx for the info !

·
Registered
66 Posts
i love the factory half wind shield. i installed out in the desert new years weekend i also installed the clear rear wind screen and let me tell u it kept so much dust off us in the cab. i wish i would have installed it on my commander....who knew. what a dust blocker.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
How do you like the blingstar doors? Im think im gonna go with those. I like how it deletes the plastic body panel behind the door.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really like the Blingstar doors. They don't make them for a Maverick yet but on my Commander I prefered them to the Pro Armor, all the others I have no experience with. They did rattle a little but put a piece of heatshrink over the latch pin and they don't rattle anymore.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Blingstar wil be out with doors for the Maverick around Feb. They used mine for design work. I believe other parts will also be out around that time
Look for pictures

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
These are also my favorite doors. Does your left arm or elbow ever hit the door while driving?
I see the black tube that hold the hinges but is the black panel just behind it part of the door or did you make that panel black yourself?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The black panel is part of the door kit from blingstar. It allows the opening to be bigger than most the other doors out there.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The black panel is part of the door kit from blingstar. It allows the opening to be bigger than most the other doors out there.
Thanks.
Also, I think I read somewhere that these doors are made from all Alum material. Is this correct?
If I decide to use these doors I will have to make sure my custom cage is set up for them.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't had any issues with hitting the door with my elbow and I drive all types of terrain. The black panel is part of the doors & the nice thing is the angles of the panels match the Mav panels.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I haven't had any issues with hitting the door with my elbow and I drive all types of terrain. The black panel is part of the doors & the nice thing is the angles of the panels match the Mav panels.
They also look like they are wider in the front & rear than the other doors I have seen. Yes

·
Registered
120 Posts
View attachment 361 View attachment 362

Well, stripped down my Commander before selling it & getting my Maverick. So, I decided to see what actually fit. The Factory UTV harness bar & UTV inc roof bolted right on. The Blingstar doors on the other hand took a little fab work but nothing major. I can give the details if anyone is interested. I just prefer the higher doors like the Blingstars and have only seen the Pro Armor/BRP low cut doors out so far.

Started to install my gauges but found the block to be slightly different where I had my oil temp sender in my Commander - I'll have to figure out some sort of adapter but other than that, I've already saved about $1200 in accessories

Sorry about the pic quality, I used my phone.
Can u take a PIC of the fab work that i took to make the doors work . thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would also like more info on the fab work it takes to make them work. i should be getting my mav in the next two weeks. and if it is not too much work i will just buy the doors for the commander instead of waiting for the mav ones to come out.

also can you take a pic of the latch location. when i sat in a mav with the pro armor doors at the dealer my knee was only about 1/4" away from the latch and that would hurt like hell in the rough stuff.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts