1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
are u out of warranty ?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
whats funny is I had a lil leak stuff was splattered all around down there, they cleaned it up took it for a loop in parking lot and told me it was grease from the zerk fitting, lol maybe

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Pull the bolt out of the center of the yoke, those Canam u joints arnt cheap to replace. Then unbolt your diff and pull it out
that's what I was thinking 12 or 14mm ratcheting wrench in there ?

·
Registered
309 Posts
On my commander I believe it was a 13mm on the gear box side, I had to replace that seal. Those u joints are about 130$ if I recall correctly, and nothing aftermarket is the correct size last I checked. Make sure you use locktite on it, we had problems with the front drive shaft bolt coming out on the gear box side. I believe it's locktite 271 that I used, the permanent stuff.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
On my commander I believe it was a 13mm on the gear box side, I had to replace that seal. Those u joints are about 130$ if I recall correctly, and nothing aftermarket is the correct size last I checked. Make sure you use locktite on it, we had problems with the front drive shaft bolt coming out on the gear box side. I believe it's locktite 271 that I used, the permanent stuff.
I can't remember for sure but I think a Suzuki Samurai u joint is the same.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Last time I checked was over a year and a half ago, when I had my drive shaft extended by a drive line shop, I had them check for me. The mav might be different , but I did some research back then and the quad guys were using something that was close but not quite the same and had some issues with it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Like warlock said its a samurai ujoint you should be able to get from the local parts store for cheap like under $10.00
should be able to unbolt the two center bolts that hold the ujoints to the gear houseings and the transmission output shaft

·
Registered
791 Posts
X3^^^ Bolt should come out with an open end/box end 13mm wrench, no need to take the U-joint apart, nearly impossible to take one of those U-joints apart without doing any damage to it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts