Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends, please answer to my question.
How to optimally configure the Fox Podium X Performance RC2.5 HPG under the forest, country roads.

·
Registered
545 Posts
My friends, please answer to my question.
How to optimally configure the Fox Podium X Performance RC2.5 HPG under the forest, country roads.
There are several threads on here about shock set up. Short version is they do not have enough rebound - so turn the rebound all the way in, turn the HI and LO speed compression all the way out, and then adjust in to control bottoming.

Next step up is to send them on CT Racing / AReed for a revalve.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
There are several threads on here about shock set up. Short version is they do not have enough rebound - so turn the rebound all the way in, turn the HI and LO speed compression all the way out, and then adjust in to control bottoming.

Next step up is to send them on CT Racing / AReed for a revalve.
What he said.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/23-can-am-maverick-1000xrs/788-xrs-shock-settings.html

This will give you a lot of tech if you want to read it but what BlueCoyote said is my recommendation
Thanks, I read Your topic, but did not understand.

I want to ask to find out.
There are 4 control is:
1. The preload spring
2. Bounce - this is the lower screw
3. High-speed compression - it is blue nut
4. The slow compression is screw the nut

I understand you correctly? If not correct.
If completely tighten all of the control until it stops, and then roll out, as long as you need clicks in order to tune the suspension for forest and field roads.
And how many clicks for factory setting, so you can return the settings to the factory.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like you understand correctly. And the factory settings are in the owners manual.
OK to factory settings realized.

And how to configure it to forests, to be soft and comfortable, at the same time to not penetrated when jumping, and not to lose in the road gap(clearance)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Thanks, I read Your topic, but did not understand.

I want to ask to find out.
There are 4 control is:
1. The preload spring
2. Bounce - this is the lower screw
3. High-speed compression - it is blue nut
4. The slow compression is screw the nut

I understand you correctly? If not correct.
If completely tighten all of the control until it stops, and then roll out, as long as you need clicks in order to tune the suspension for forest and field roads.
And how many clicks for factory setting, so you can return the settings to the factory.
The only screw you won't mess with its the bottom screw. That is your rebound. Use your compression screws to control bottom outs and stuff like that. Refer to the other thread that Areed posted the link to a couple posts above mine. That should get you set up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ask because I don't have the instructions and on the Russian language dealer haven't translated. In our country sales started only this year. Sorry if I ask truth.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well go to the link that Areed posted and use Google translate to put it in Russian for you.
In that case, and I use Google translate, it translates wrong))))
I ask the members of the forum only digits, opposite each setting shock:
1. The preload springs
2. Rebound
3. High compression speed
4. The slow compression

The factory settings we can see in the instructions, the truth.
But I suggest to create a table to a different kind of soil or coating of the road. To each owner Can am Maverick after reading this site I realized for myself and took those settings which he needed.
Please write the numbers next to each setting shock absorber for example to the Forest.

·
Registered
707 Posts
In that case, and I use Google translate, it translates wrong))))
I ask the members of the forum only digits, opposite each setting shock:
1. The preload springs
2. Rebound
3. High compression speed
4. The slow compression

The factory settings we can see in the instructions, the truth.
But I suggest to create a table to a different kind of soil or coating of the road. To each owner Can am Maverick after reading this site I realized for myself and took those settings which he needed.
Please write the numbers next to each setting shock absorber for example to the Forest.
1: Factory settings
2:All the way to the right(Clockwise)
3:All the way to the left or 1
4: All the way to the left or 1
Tire pressure 18 PSI

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Definitely for the rear. And I think for the front also. I forget what I was running on my front, because it usually worked pretty good.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
So u guys are just turning the comp back in a click or two and that's it after its been turned all the way out for desert riding rebound leave all the way in

·
Registered
707 Posts
So u guys are just turning the comp back in a click or two and that's it after its been turned all the way out for desert riding rebound leave all the way in
To me that was just the best starting point. I do a lot of jumping so I had to stiffen mine up just a little more than that but it is definite allot better ride and a good starting point.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Yup, you leave the rebound all the way in. Never touch it again. And the compression, after screwing it all the way out, for the softest setting, screw it in as needed to get the ride where you want it. You may have to go six lines in on the compression, which is one full revolution. And for the dunes, probably two full revolutions in or six lines. And again, each line on the compression equals a click. And when I was doing my compression, the screw, or slow compression was mostly the one I used. The 17 mm nut is for high-speed, which is usually landing off of jumps. Mine handles the jumps pretty well no matter what, so that's why there wasn't much need to adjust the high-speed compression. Your results may vary.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts