Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the x3 to the Fox hunt ride (my first group event)
Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

at Hemingway Butte in southern Idaho today. Just heard about it yesterday on radio add, so short notice but I jumped in with a group and we completed the scavenger hunt. We made it back to the staging area in time to turn in our packets and get some vender food and raffle tickets. Probably had over 200 people/ roughly 100 utv’s, a handful of diehard Moto riders. It’s desert terrain, pretty easy riding with a few challenging spots. Had a great time! Lots of sponsors and venders, lots of room to camp out the weekend which I’ll plan for next year. Froadn fabrication put the event on (3rd year now) and did a great job. The people were great, the trails were fun, the raffle was awesome. They had 20 grand worth of prizes, I even took home a little something. It was windy and a little rainy until noon then cleared up a bit. Definitely dress warm if you plan to go.

·
Registered
Dirt Road Dollars...
54 Posts
Awesome, man! What'd ya win..? :LOL:

Rig looks awesome. Haven't heard of the ride, but sounds like something to follow up with next year.

We got some major snow coming this week, looks like it's pretty much east to west through the state. Gonna get some snowy pics? 😎

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had only found out about it the night before, had I known earlier I’d have gone. Weather looked a little rough!
It was windy and cold until noon or so, I heard a few friendly comments about my enclosed cab and heater lol. It was a well ran event, I had a lot of fun. I’ll plan to bring the hauler out next year and camp out the weekend, maybe I’ll make the night ride next year. They plan to run it same weekend next year, we need more can ams out there so come join in !

Rig looks awesome. Haven't heard of the ride, but sounds like something to follow up with next year.

We got some major snow coming this week, looks like it's pretty much east to west through the state. Gonna get some snowy pics? 😎
I won a flag bag with a shirt, hat , some stickers from Hostyle racing. Yeah we’re looking at snow, I’m heading to the cabin next weekend to cut trail so I’ll get some mountain pictures and post how the big tire combo works up there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Went to the mountain last weekend, only 4-6” of snow at 5500 feet. Went on a couple short rides. The warriors do have good traction, we’ll see when the snow hits 2 feet.
Plant Sky Snow Natural environment Tree

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Window Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
Dirt Road Dollars...
54 Posts
Right on! That's about what we got over here still left.... Wrapped our the wife and my deer hunt Oct 31, started her cow elk hunt last Tuesday. The Carnivores seem to do exceptionally well in the snow.

Bet you're a lot warmer than we have been though! Was about to buy a 12v heater to plug in after these last two days, but will wait to get an Inferno installed... :oops:
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Sky Flight instruments Vehicle Aircraft Cockpit

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right on! That's about what we got over here still left.... Wrapped our the wife and my deer hunt Oct 31, started her cow elk hunt last Tuesday. The Carnivores seem to do exceptionally well in the snow.

Bet you're a lot warmer than we have been though! Was about to buy a 12v heater to plug in after these last two days, but will wait to get an Inferno installed... :oops:
View attachment 287506
View attachment 287505
Yeah I’d wait and get good heater, the under dash mount with 6 outlets is great, leaves center console/lower dash open for radio com system later. Don’t get underseat heater either if you cross water. Get the optional thermostat with heater, it really helps. System took me 6 hours to install, if you aren’t a mechanic it’ll take most of a weekend but worth it. I stayed comfortable last trip in 15 degrees outdoor temp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts