Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a good place, setting wise, to start with the 2.5 shocks? I'm guessing the dealer doesn't put much time or effort into setting these up.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I forgot I think it turn the rebound all the way in(clockwise) then the compression all the way out

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I used the search function on here, Full in on rebound
Full out on compression

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, thanks for doing my searching for me....my little minons! ;-p oh, and point taken! :)

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
So just a precursor, I'm not being sarcastic..
The perfect response! I do not know how long you've been on here but you are the first one I've seen to not get butthurt. This should be a sticky for everyone asking questions without searching first. To exemplify the perfect response.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I think the best setting for the shocks is going to be setting them in a box with a UPS label on it to Areed at CT for his treatment. That's my plan once I get a few more pennies stacked up in the Mav fund!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So just a precursor, I'm not being sarcastic..
The perfect response! I do not know how long you've been on here but you are the first one I've seen to not get butthurt. This should be a sticky for everyone asking questions without searching first. To exemplify the perfect response.

Been around far too long to get upset on a forum. Besides, I was being lazy.....I know I could've searched. :) Sometime you gotta take your medicine and move on! lol:big smile:

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the best setting for the shocks is going to be setting them in a box with a UPS label on it to Areed at CT for his treatment. That's my plan once I get a few more pennies stacked up in the Mav fund!
Yup.....as soon as my wallet recovers a little, that's exactly where they are going. After 30+ pages of reading, that decision has been made! :)

Reactions: AReed

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
If I didn't come across a smokin deal on a set of elkas I would've sent mine to him

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Been around far too long to get upset on a forum. Besides, I was being lazy.....I know I could've searched. :) Sometime you gotta take your medicine and move on! lol:big smile:
If ya need anything gimme a shout, I'll give ya all the info I know, good luck!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just make sure you check spring compression on tender spring and main spring. Mine were all the way down and hard as f***. Wife even co.plaines first time out. Factory settings are in manual.adjust these before adjust shock

Sent from my Lumia

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I read thru about 90% of the xrs shock setting thread. Question is, is it recommended to set the rebound all the way in and compression all the way out on front and rear or just the rear shocks?

·
Registered
545 Posts
I read thru about 90% of the xrs shock setting thread. Question is, is it recommended to set the rebound all the way in and compression all the way out on front and rear or just the rear shocks?
Both. Rear is more critical than front.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Thanks

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
I've found the front shocks running at 12 clicks from closed, or the middle of the adjustment to be the best. Closing them off makes them a little too slow but it depends on the terrain. All of the shocks we're building now run between 6-15 clicks from closed so we're getting the adjustment back into the shocks were it makes a difference.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the suggestions guys......I have rebound in and compression out. Ill adjust from there as I ride this weekend. Probably take Alex's advice on the front though! :) Off to ride!!!! :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have mine set like suggested in the other 100 page thread, its better but Is there anymore on settings to get some of the "chop" out of it? The slower speed stuff, like under 25mph, hitting small bumps, bumps or rocks, its smooth, but just feels like a quick chop, not really float over it!! Hard to explained but its like ridding in a caddi that has more of the plush feel, vs ridding in a new 1 ton truck that is soft when you hit, but very quick and chopped feeling.. not sure if this makes any sense, infact I think I confused myself lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts