Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been searching for several weeks now to find info on these shocks. There are tons more options on them and they are cheaper to build than the 2.5's. I cannot seem to find anyone that is set up and ready to build them. Everyone I talk to, all saying: "we are working on polaris junk right now". Is there anyone out there that has a configuration for these shocks? Ready to build right now? I am trying to beat the rush for race season. Thanks

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Yes as long as the weather holds out we should have a true adjustable dual rate system for the 2.0 shocks done very shortly. All the springs and hardware are on the shelf. Just waiting on Steve to come down when the ground is still dry (I don't want my test track getting torn up). As of right now with the price of hardware and springs being so much less than the 2.5's we should have a revalve and respring for less than $1000.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes as long as the weather holds out we should have a true adjustable dual rate system for the 2.0 shocks done very shortly. All the springs and hardware are on the shelf. Just waiting on Steve to come down when the ground is still dry (I don't want my test track getting torn up). As of right now with the price of hardware and springs being so much less than the 2.5's we should have a revalve and respring for less than $1000.
Alex, I appreciate your persistence. Please let me know when you are ready for my shocks. I want them built from you. I want to have one of the first sets you build. Thank you.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sounds good! Alex what is gonna be the difference between your 2.5's and 2.0's as far as performance? What would the 2.5's do better then the 2.0's?? Wondering if I should just by some 2.5's and have you do them and set my 2.0's off to the side, or just have you do my 2.0's? Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok guys! I got my shocks back from Alex -ct racing. They are the 2.0's. He did dual rate, new valves, shims, fluids. I assailed them in my garage. The actually match my beadlocks.
Performance: this build is absolutely awesome. They ride like pillows. He set them up for dune/desert trail. I ride fast.
I tested them In a field first. They were very responsive and feedback was superior. I then hit at curb at 45degrees going about 25mph. Felt like a small rock.
I readjusted settings and springs for sag. Then I hit the trail today. Did some fast riding 60+ for half hour straight. No gatigue, no heat, no sag, ultimate response. All I can say is out of the thousands I have spent on this thing. This is prob the best mod I have. Alex is great to work with, products are great. I am hitting desert trails tomorrow - Sunday. Doing 250 miles. I will get up video. image.jpg

Reactions: jchevy4x4j

·
Registered
854 Posts
I will be doing the same upgrade here shortly! Have a trip coming up next week! I was debating between a sand paddle setup or the 2.0 upgrade. The shocks won the battle especially after this post. The biggest problem we have is in the whoops at Sand Mountain. I bet this will solve that problem! Keep us 2.0 guys posted.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ok guys! I got my shocks back from Alex -ct racing. They are the 2.0's. He did dual rate, new valves, shims, fluids. I assailed them in my garage. The actually match my beadlocks.
Performance: this build is absolutely awesome. They ride like pillows. He set them up for dune/desert trail. I ride fast.
I tested them In a field first. They were very responsive and feedback was superior. I then hit at curb at 45degrees going about 25mph. Felt like a small rock.
I readjusted settings and springs for sag. Then I hit the trail today. Did some fast riding 60+ for half hour straight. No gatigue, no heat, no sag, ultimate response. All I can say is out of the thousands I have spent on this thing. This is prob the best mod I have. Alex is great to work with, products are great. I am hitting desert trails tomorrow - Sunday. Doing 250 miles. I will get up video. View attachment 9961
Good to hear, are you doing testing for Alex?

What exhaust is that?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I will be doing the same upgrade here shortly! Have a trip coming up next week! I was debating between a sand paddle setup or the 2.0 upgrade. The shocks won the battle especially after this post. The biggest problem we have is in the whoops at Sand Mountain. I bet this will solve that problem! Keep us 2.0 guys posted.
Jesse, mash the skinny pedal to the floor and go faster through the whoops!!!! When in doubt, power out!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to hear, are you doing testing for Alex?

What exhaust is that?
Yes I am testing for Alex. I will have a full evaluation after this weekend. It is a Ron woods exhaust, with a a/f dobeck controller.

Reactions: Iceman56 and AReed
1 - 12 of 12 Posts