Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did see the post about dumb questions but here goes ... All you folks that have 4 way shoulder harnesses, how do you get your seats out easily for routine maintenance and for access under the seats, etc. Did you come up with a quick release latch of some kind or ?? I put in chain repair links on the bottom side but they are very difficult to get at with the seats installed. Been thinking of welding some chain link halves to the upper harness bar with aircraft spring loaded belt hooks to attach them to the bar? Any better ideas?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have BlingStar 4 pt. I just unbuckle them move one half to the right and the other to the left and pull out the seat. The belts are not attached to the seat.
The only way I can see you are having a problem is you routed the belts thru the center hole of the seat. Mine go to either side.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
On my Commander I used eyelets on the cross bar and bought the typical harness quick connects. I run mine thru the seat to keep them from falling off my shoulders in a wreck:

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you do not have the chest strap to keep them on your shoulders i guess you would have to run the straps through the seat. UTV and BlingStar have the it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I do run mine through the seats. The hooks you show in your pics are exactly what I was thinking for the disconnects. I didn't realize there was the I-bolt hardware available and looks like less hassle than welding chain links to the harness bar.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Thanks guys, I do run mine through the seats. The hooks you show in your pics are exactly what I was thinking for the disconnects. I didn't realize there was the I-bolt hardware available and looks like less hassle than welding chain links to the harness bar.
Make sure to buy good quality ones. Crow enterprises sells the ones I used. Also drill a hole then weld the eye bolt in. I would not trust bolting them in.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
As I recall I bought the quick connects and the eye bolts thru Summit Racing. I drilled thru my cross bar and welded thru tubes in and bolted them in. My cross bar is also welded in to add additional strength.

·
Registered
144 Posts
As I recall I bought the quick connects and the eye bolts thru Summit Racing. I drilled thru my cross bar and welded thru tubes in and bolted them in. My cross bar is also welded in to add additional strength.
Just be careful as the shoulder eye bolt strength is severely derated anytime there is a side load. If you we're to rotate them forward 90 degrees it will have a much less chance of failing in an event there is a lot of stress introduced. Just a friendly observation.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Yea it does derate them some and thats why I tilted them back little to have more of a down pull on them. I was concerned if I pointed them foward the harness adjusters would be hitting me in the neck. It was my compromise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts